TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Spasmodic torticollis

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fem Posted - 07/08/2007 : 08:33:50
Dr. Sopher confirmed by e-mail that my spasmodic torticollis is most probably TMS. I believe him! Have read all of Dr. Sarno's books and the one by Marc Sopher. I do my 'homework' everyday, stopped all medication and fysiotherapy, also no more Botox injections. However, after 3 months I am still suffering from spasms and neck and shoulder pain. (Although I feel better having stopped the medication). I am Dutch (The Netherlands) and unfortunately there are no medical persons here who know what TMS is. So I can't go for help or psychotherapy. Has anyone perhaps some suggestions, apart from telling me to struggle on?
Josephine
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HilaryN Posted - 07/08/2007 : 08:56:45
Hi Josephine,

You could look for an analytically-trained psychotherapist and lend them Sarno's book. (You might want to talk to a few first and see if they agree with the principles.)

Alternatively I think Dr Dubin does psychotherapy by phone. (Search this forum for his details.)

You could also try contacting other people from the forum from the Netherlands - it's always helpful to chat to people going through or who have gone through the same process as you.

All the best,

Hilary N

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000