TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 hey salamander!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skizzik Posted - 07/03/2007 : 04:44:48
you out there? I wanna know about that phone call

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1861
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skizzik Posted - 07/08/2007 : 17:28:29
thanx doug
salamander Posted - 07/07/2007 : 23:08:25
Hi Skizzik,

Not a whole lot to tell. After suffering with a bad back for over a year, I decided to call Sarno after reading "mind over back pain". I imagine that I got through to him before his secretary started turning people away. As my previous post mentioned, I played a round of tennis despite the pain, fully believing in what Sarno said in his book....namely, that my back was fine, and I could not injure myself. When I got home, I found that I was in severe pain and decided that I would call Sarno. I basically told him that I had read his book, and fully believeing that I could not hurt myself, had resumed tennis, but had indeed hurt myself and was in a great deal of pain.

He basically told me what he said in his books, and that is....don't try and do too much too soon, not because you will hurt yourself, but to grow confidence in your body. At the time, I thought what a crock of ****, I can hardly stand up straight and I was in some pretty good pain. I Guess down deep I believed in what he said despite the frustration and pain.

I believe I mentioned in a previous post to you that it was my MRI compared to a previous MRI (which looked identical) that helped me in overcoming my back problem. Sarno was very reasuring over the phone and pleasant to talk to. I also wrote him a couple of years later to ask about some neck pain that I was suffering from. He wrote me back, but was unwilling to offer medical advice without seeing me. I can understand his not wanting to do this. I did manage to tailor a letter that asked general questions concering TMS that he did answer, which helped me in my recovery.

Best of luck in your recovery Skiz. My pain diminished to nothing when I stopped letting it consume me.

Regards,

Doug

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000