TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Reader's Digest Article

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kelvin Posted - 06/28/2007 : 09:31:58
Just wondering if any of you read the disappointing article in Reader's Digest titled "Back Pain Breakthroughs"? Of course, they did not mention Dr. Sarno or TMS. I wrote them a letter expressing my disappointment. To see the article for yourself, here is the link: http://www.rd.com/content/chronic-back-pain-breakthroughs-/

If you want to send a letter to the editor here is that link:
http://www.rd.com/talktous.do?&lid=17

Here is what I sent them: (Maybe if enough of us write them one of our letters will get published in the next edition.)

As a long-time sufferer of back pain, I read your article with great interest. I was surprised that you did not mention the work of Dr. John Sarno who is with the NYU Medical Center (Rehabilitation Medicine) and a professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine there. He has written several best selling books including his latest "The Divided Mind". His treatment has cured thousands of patients that he has seen personally, plus tens of thousands who have read his books. I have personally experience 100% pain relief. I tried all the traditional treatments and even had two failed back surgeries. Over 90% of the patients he sees experience the same kind of success. No other treatment has seen results this successful.

My favorite TMS files and links http://www.etex.net/kelving (may not work with FireFox browser)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
weatherman Posted - 06/28/2007 : 21:23:20
Just to pile on here - a recent issue of US News had an article about maintaining conditioning as the years go by. It had some good advice, but also reinforces the notion that increased pain, limitation is an inevitable part of aging - and that you will most likely have to give up things you enjoy along the way (aka "modify" your activity). Of course, they go through the entire laundry list of aches and pains without once mentioning Sarno, or even alluding to stress etc. being a possible factor.

I find it hard to believe that none of these professional writers ever run across Sarno's books in their travels - or maybe somebody really is paying them off. I stumbled upon Sarno myself by chance, just browsing a fairly small, ordinary bookstore. Most any chain store will have at least one of his books.

Perhaps it's like the Dilbert column where the boss is touting his harebrained scheme for writing a book, and Dilbert replies "Maybe you should try READING one first."

Weatherman

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.
Penny Posted - 06/28/2007 : 12:32:51
quote:
Originally posted by sensei adam rostocki

I would not be al all surprised if this article was not a shared commercial financed by Medtronic and the other companies mentioned.

Yes. One publication to read with a saltlick is the national Sunday insert "Parade". It is completely operated by the pharmaceutical industry. Beware!!!!

>|< Penny
"Oz never did give nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have."
song lyric, America
sensei adam rostocki Posted - 06/28/2007 : 12:20:33
Do not be too naive. Professional writers can whore for many industries and companies in such an article. I have been approached by many independent writers offering to promote my book and site for a fee. When asked if they wanted to read the book or review the site further, the usual replies simply show interest in payment...

I would not be al all surprised if this article was not a shared commercial financed by Medtronic and the other companies mentioned. It is a sad commentary on our media, but very very true...

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000