TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Advice please! Itchy rash / TMS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lotus Posted - 06/21/2007 : 17:35:56
Seven years ago, after reading Sarno's book, my chronic, debilitating back pain was gone - never to return.

Over four years ago, after mixing a couple of medications for various things, i developed a terrible itchy skin rash. Doctor gave me Zyrtec and Singulair and the itchy rash went away. [Psoriasis came for the first time around then, and comes and goes in varying degrees of severity].

I have been taking Zyrtec ever since. If I don't take it - if I miss one dose - about 36 hours since the last dose, my body is UNBEARABLY itchy. Its intolerable. I've been tested for allergies. No test came back positive. About 3 times a year, I forget to take the Zyrtec (and I forget that I forgot...) and like clockwork, 36 hours later, the unreal itchy rash comes back. I have to RUN to the pills... Within 10 minutes of taking a pill, all is "back to normal."

This HAS TO BE a TMS equivalent. It has to be! But I don't know how to proceed. Do I stop the Zyrtec, and yell at my brain (as I did to cure the back pain) to not give me the itchy rash? The thought is petrifying, but I've been taking stupid Zyrtec for over 4 years - its enough!

If I do test it like this, how long do I wait until I cave in and pop a pill???

Any insights or advice is extremely welcome! I can't really talk to my doctors about this - they don't know from TMS...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Penny Posted - 06/21/2007 : 20:08:00
Hi Lotus,

I've had hives as TMS. I'd got them all over my face and neck and chest and usually during biz mtgs which was really embarrassing. I know they can be really painful. Sorry you are going thru this.

If you manage to titrate off the meds and you still experience flares, what is the worst thing that can happen if the itching is there? I know itching is no fun, but if you try to keep on going and IGNORE the itch and go on with your work or play WITH the itch, IGNORE IT ... well, I wonder if it will give up at trying to distract you.

If you are playing by Sarno's advice, you should try to ignore this symptom completely. I know it's no fun, but neither is ignoring a migraine, a frozen shoulder or raging wrist problem.

Good luck getting to the itch free zone!

>|< Penny
"Oz never did give nothing to the Tinman that he didn't already have."
song lyric, America
Lotus Posted - 06/21/2007 : 18:17:51
hmmm - interesting. Thanks!
Never occurred to me to wean off of it.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000