TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 There was a puff

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Penny Posted - 06/09/2007 : 19:58:52
of smoke, then she was gone ... What happened to Shortcake? I just read today's posts and can't figure out what happened, except that she deleted all her posts and her contact info. The suspense is ... well, buggin' me... Please do tell.
Shortcake, if you are reading this, I will miss you! Thanks for our connections.
>|< Penny
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cheeryquery Posted - 07/01/2007 : 14:48:33
If tennis tom is lurking hereabouts: please pick up the email I'm about to send to you. You can follow the link without anybody (including me) knowing you did which will lead you to another forum where people like you (and me) are totally welcome. We'd enjoy having you.
art Posted - 06/12/2007 : 14:36:27
The emnity, to the extent it exists between TT and I started out with a political discussion some months ago. He seemed much too tough to be personally bothered by what anyone might think of him...As I gradually began to realize that this was not at all true, and that he was in fact easily hurt and perpetually angry, I backed off...I have no desire to hurt anyone...The depth of his anger toward me has consistently surprised me...I have no reciprocal angry feelings toward him at all...

Mostly, I'm bemused by it all..And that's the honest truth. Beyond that, I sincerely regret any pain that I've caused him. If he wants to blame his forum woes on me, then fine. It'sa free country and I'm not going to try to talk him out of it...Impossible task anyway. I've tried to befriend him, but that seems impossible too..

I do hope he stays around here..We all have the capacity to learn and move forward, but the first step is taking at least a modicum of perosnal responsibility...TT is simply never, ever wrong, not even a little bit. About anything.
shawnsmith Posted - 06/12/2007 : 13:55:09
I think TT has many issues he needs to deal with but he does not reveal much about himself so we never know what those issues actually are. He does, however, leave clues in his writings but he has set up a mental barrier which does not allow him to take advice from people he considers to be "unqualified." When suggestions are made into what areas he may want to explore he seems to be continually unreceptive when, in fact, it is important be receptive to all suggestions of what may be taking place in the realm of unconscious. The irony is TT has many very good insights into TMS teachings and knows Sarno's work inside and out. Better, in fact, than most people on this board. But he cannot seem to get honestly aquainted with himself- which is a struggle for all of us.

Sarno-ize it!
Read chapter 4 of Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind." It's all you need to know in order to recover.
art Posted - 06/12/2007 : 13:16:31
quote:
Good going Art, you started this.

Huh? As is often the case, no clue what you're talking about. Seems to me I've give you plenty of support of late...I don't think I've ever encountered a human being less willing to take responsibility for himself...It's my fault you're perpetually at war with the forum? If it helps you to believe that,then go right ahread...

All that said, whether you believe me or not, I wish you well going forward.
h2oskier25 Posted - 06/11/2007 : 13:19:25
Seriously, Tom, don't leave the board.

The only reason I put up with Shawn's preaching is for the good stuff.

(Just kidding Shawn)
shawnsmith Posted - 06/11/2007 : 08:12:39
If people don't want this to happen then they should use a screen name and not reveal their real indentity. For me personally I don't care. My real name is Shawn Smith and if people don't like the path I have taken in order to releave my personal suffering then that is their problem not mine. Lot of sick and twisted people out their who ae quick to judge others.

Sarno-ize it!
Read chapter 4 of Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind." It's all you need to know in order to recover.
h2oskier25 Posted - 06/11/2007 : 08:06:51
THE REAL REASON SHORTCAKE LEFT.

When I heard shortcake left the board, I think it's because she googled her name, and this forum came up.

I know when that happened to Singer_Artist, she was mortified.
http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2371&SearchTerms=google

I know somebody else on this board who googled his name, and this forum came up. He was so disturbed, he stopped posting as well. He was dating and didn't want perspective dates getting TMS as their first impression of him.

TT, don't leave the board. What's up? Especially over something as silly as this discussion.

As I say, Shortcake left because she thought this TMS board wouldn't come up any more when people google her name. Truth is, its saved in Cached pages for some time.

DON'T Leave TT, for all the reasons Electraglideman says, and because the board will be dull and boring without you.

Cheers,

Beth
electraglideman Posted - 06/10/2007 : 18:31:55
I hate to see this happen TT. You helped more people than you will ever know. The sad thing about it is some of them don't even know you helped them by giving them a reason or opportunity to vent their repressed or suppressed anger.

I never took your post as being mean or even being a bully. To me it was more of a funny sarcasm. Writing out or speaking your thoughts is part of the healing process. Yes it might hurt someones feelings but FIGHTING BACK THE GREMLIN IS NOT FOR SISSIES. You have to stand up and say what you think, feel and believe no matter what. The alternative is to repress it.

Anways you sure helped me.

Take care.
tennis tom Posted - 06/10/2007 : 16:27:22
Penny your post is totaly ONE sided. I don't start the, the arguments, but, I do defend myself when attacked. I guess I do such a good job of it, that from the other side of the playing field, it's hard to tell who started the fight. In my heart of hearts I know I have never been on the offense, only the defense.

Well, I'm tired of being scape-goated, name called, and characterized as the bully...sooooo, I'll do you one better, rather than 24 hours to genuflect and self-flagelltate, I'm outta' here for good.

You have made a very compelling (though wrong) argument for me leaving this board. Cupcake almost did it but she left a day too early.

Penny, your's is even a better argument then her's was to get this old man outta' here...well said. I can now devote the time I spend here to my personal self-interest, following my Schwab account and watching Mad Cramer.

I ask you to do .just one thing. That is to take-up the task, that I have served here directing people to the TMS Doctors and Practitioners. They are found at the the Home Page and at the Tar Pit Yoga Site. I'm certain that without me here this board will be a gooder and perfecter place.

I DECLARE YOU THE WINNER. YOU GET THE GOLD BALL

Adios Amigos,
tt

Some of my favorite excerpts from _THE DIVIDED MIND_ :
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605
Penny Posted - 06/10/2007 : 09:48:29
quote:
Originally posted by tennis tom
It's further proof of one's TMS perfectionist personality if they hide under the bed when they see me coming. They want everything to be perfect in their fantasy world and that includes this board and evryone here. They may come here like other health boards perhaps expecting to be fallen over, and enabled in their misconceptions about what TMS is all about. That's not going to help them to get better.

Thanks ... OK, so no one really explained WHAT happened, but I take it by this thread Shortcake left b/c to protect herself. Kudos to YOU Shortcake!!!!!!!!

TennisTom, I will consider your view above... I will give this some thought. But to smack the ball back at you, I share the following:

Having been bullied most of my life, I see bullying as a TMS trigger for me. I have a strong feeling that many have left our board b/c they were bullied through out their lives too. I don't interpret their leaving as denial. Instead I see their strength in NOT proactively coming to a place to put up with more bullying. I mean, if something feels bad ... WHY KEEP PUNISHING YOURSELF???? It seems to me that many of us are really good at beating ourselves up and we don't need external sources to do that too.

I try to ignore all of the virtual "Tennis" matches you start here. When I do read them, I see your lobs and foulplays. Technically, you are not cheating, but I do think you play dirty, and that's the way you are.

Go ahead and tear into me if you like. I may choose to stop coming here too, but it would not be due to denial but self preservation.

Tom you are a bully. Bullies are not ALL bad. It's a shame b/c many of your posts on TMS theory are really helpful, until you digress into your alterior motive ... a tennis game of words. Ultimately I think YOU are the one in denial. Perhaps it would serve you to pause and consider the reasoning behind your antagonistic approaches with people?

Pause.

No really .... pause.

Do you happen to know the actual number of people you have defeated on the board? I bet you do, if not you have a good guess. Tom 15: TMS Forum nil. Are these people notches on your belt?

Tom, I dare you to take a day or so (that's 24 hours or more) to consider what everyone has written about your posts BEFORE your next reply, instead of reacting empassioned and defensive in the moment. Is that possible for you? Really think about things. As each defensive/aggressive emotion/response rises in you, ask yourself what your reaction is REALLY about besides going after the incoming "ball". Perhaps it was youas a child that was never validated in your anger. I think our forum certainly imitates life and each of us needs to pause to consider what exactly causes our reactions.

You seem to revel in adversity and hurting people. I think that's very sad. I wonder what could be possible for you if you showed compassion instead of aggression?

Love and Hate in America,
>|< Penny
tennis tom Posted - 06/10/2007 : 08:12:50
quote:
Originally posted by kether

How lame... I see that some things never change here.

I assume that that's directed to me K. If so what a load of crap. Art started the guilt trip on me, that somehow I have a mystical power to DRIVE away young innocent flowers from this board. And they, true to the TMS epedemic, fall for the bait and go to wherever it is that they go, maybe to some Paris Hilton site to discuss their issues with her.

I bare NO guilt over anyone leaving this board. I will not be an enabler to their inaccurate facts on TMS. This is NOT the TMS Dating Board or the TMS Lonely Hearts Club.

It's further proof of one's TMS perfectionist personality if they hide under the bed when they see me coming. They want everything to be perfect in their fantasy world and that includes this board and evryone here. They may come here like other health boards perhaps expecting to be fallen over, and enabled in their misconceptions about what TMS is all about. That's not going to help them to get better.

It's just a game now to see who can insult me the most. I must be the long lost father or authority figure who they couldn't stand-up against. They feel free to insult me over a TV screen when they would never have the guts to do it to my face. But this TV has the temerity to insult back--it's interactive. Good going Art, you started this.

When the perfectionist personality trait in the cut and runners, discovers that the board is NOT their PERFECT board and is inhabited by the likes of me, who may on occasion question an innaccuracy in their TMS thinking or dare to reply when they INSULT me, they can't handle that--welcome to the real world!--where, if you insult someone, they actualy may isult you back. To someoen raised in the suburbs in front of a TV set this may be a shocker--a tv that talks back.

I go out of my way to avoid any discussion with these folks, but if they come after me, I will not turn the other cheek, I will return what ever they throw at me in kind.

I bare no guilt over anyone leaving this board because of tanging with me. This board serves many purposes for many people--one of which can be a DISTRACTION from doing the TMS work. All one needs to do to be "cured" of TMS is to read a TMS book. That's much more effective than the random snipets of TMS info one may gather here.

If you abandon this board, don't blame me--it's just another excuse not to change your cherished views that keep you from overcoming your TMS. The funny thing is that you never see any of the legion over at TarPit Yoga's Message Board. So it's not just me but the TMS concept they run away from--I'm just their LAME excuse.

There are many other threads and others members. If they leave using, me as the excuse, that's lame and cowardly. Like I said, now that Art and others have made me into the scape-goat for this NOT being the PROPLE'S PERFECTLY ENABLING TMS BOARD, I go out of my way to avoid any discussion with the trolls who insult me, but if they get in my face, I'll be in there's too--welcome to the real world.

If I can make an analogy to my raison d'etre, tennis, I'm playing tournament TMS here not social TMS; if you get on the TMS court with me, be prepared to play hard or you better stick with the club players or the backboard.

That's enough for now, there's a great French Open final on between Fed and Nadal I'm missing due to this drivel.

[The chorus now rises and chants "It's all about him".]

MikeySama Posted - 06/10/2007 : 07:50:31
Nope, all her posts have been removed. And O.o; is a smiley face ( one eye bigger than the other the dot being a nose ).

In any case, i have been reading. And you also mention it yourself often that you drive people away. I'm just wondering

----
Call me Mike :)
tennis tom Posted - 06/10/2007 : 07:12:11
quote:
Originally posted by MikeySama

Tom, I'm just wondering here. Are you proud of the fact you drove this person away? You kinda seem to be O.o;

----

Mikey did you read what she wrote to me? And what is with that OO thing, is that a reference to a loo?

kether Posted - 06/10/2007 : 02:47:55
How lame... I see that some things never change here.
MikeySama Posted - 06/10/2007 : 01:56:05
Tom, I'm just wondering here. Are you proud of the fact you drove this person away? You kinda seem to be O.o;

----
tennis tom Posted - 06/09/2007 : 23:51:37
Oh Penny, I think I might have driven another one away, (but I did have a little help from Electraglideman this time ).

If she only knew how close she was to driving me away and collecting the prize money--she did say she had been warned about me and dared to enter this board anyway.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000