TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 foot pain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
robin Posted - 04/12/2007 : 15:46:12
I had managed to overcome tms about three years ago with little to no pain symptoms for the past couple of years. Now I have pain in my right foot, near my heel but not on the sole of my foot.

It started while I was on a run about a week ago. I have been
searching and searching for a reason why it could have come up now. I have much stress and am working really hard w/ a therapist.

My question is that my heel looks slightly swollen today and I couldn't remember if that could be brought on by tms as well? I don't think I ever had swelling before with all my other symptoms, so I thought I would ask.

I need to get the idea out of my head that it could have been caused by the run. It was a short, easy one and I am an ultra runner who runs 70 mile weeks, so it obviously doesn't make sense. Bottom line: can tms cause swelling?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Stryder Posted - 07/09/2007 : 17:09:30
Hi Robin,

Did you resolve your foot pain?

Twice in the last 3 months I've had pain and associated minor swelling on the left heel of my foot near the arch. My right heel is fine. The first time this happened I just ignored it and the issue resolved itself in about 3 weeks since I just had chalked it up to TMS doing TMS equiv substitution.

Now its back again but slowly responding to conservative treatment after 2 weeks.

I am a bit perplexed on how the O2 deprevation/pain can cause minor swelling, since swelling is usually too much blood not too little. I have seen no brusing at all which would correspond with a broken blood vessel of an acute injury.

There is no joint in this part of the foot. This has all the symptomology of "plantar faciitis" in my case, but I'm following my best TMS instincts of ignoring the pain and not obsessing or worring about the condition. I'm thinking a bit more conservative treatment and then try to get my calf muscles in a little better shape, couldn't hurt.

Take care, -Stryder

shawnsmith Posted - 04/20/2007 : 15:32:46
E-version of MBP at: http://www.ebookmall.com/ebook/91745-ebook.htm

Sarno-ize it!
Woodchuck Posted - 04/20/2007 : 13:38:19
quote:
Originally posted by robin

I had managed to overcome tms about three years ago with little to no pain symptoms for the past couple of years. Now I have pain in my right foot, near my heel but not on the sole of my foot.

It started while I was on a run about a week ago. I have been
searching and searching for a reason why it could have come up now. I have much stress and am working really hard w/ a therapist.

My question is that my heel looks slightly swollen today and I couldn't remember if that could be brought on by tms as well? I don't think I ever had swelling before with all my other symptoms, so I thought I would ask.

I need to get the idea out of my head that it could have been caused by the run. It was a short, easy one and I am an ultra runner who runs 70 mile weeks, so it obviously doesn't make sense. Bottom line: can tms cause swelling?

You might check with Monte at his site below. I have his book and find it quite helpful.

http://www.runningpain.com/

He is a runner too so that may help you relate. He also eaxperienced foot pain, but not sure about swelling related to the foot. He does say in his book that his right thigh "...was tight and felt swollen."

Woodchuck
tennis tom Posted - 04/15/2007 : 11:38:42
Hi Robin,

I did a quick search on my e-book version of MBP and 24 citations came up for "foot" and I believe it was on page 101 that it mentioned your symptoms but not the inflamation aspect of it.

I would recommend to anyone to get Dr. Sarno's books on e-versions as a complement to their hard versions. The reason being that the "word search" feature is far superior to a hard book's index. I have been able to discover things that the Good Doctor wrote about hips for instance that due to the obvious limits of hardbook's indexes, I would have never found.

They are $9.99 each and well worth it for anyone trying to do serious research to self-dx their TMS symptoms. The other advantage to e-books is that when you are traveling you have them along in your lap-top.

Good Luck,
tt

some of my favorite excerpts from 'TDM' : http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2605
Littlebird Posted - 04/13/2007 : 19:47:09
I can't point you to information in the books, but I can tell you that I have experienced inflammation in my feet and legs as part of the TMS symptoms that went away when I learned of TMS. It wasn't severe inflammation, but enough for others to notice and enough to be uncomfortable.
art Posted - 04/13/2007 : 17:05:28
Robin,

I was hoping someone else would chime in as I'm hazy on the inflammation thing...It just seems intuitively obvious to me that swelling can be psychogenic...BUt I also seem to recall reading something to the effect that TMS does not normally cause inflammation...

Maybe Dave will weigh in....You might try doing a search on inflammation as well....
robin Posted - 04/13/2007 : 08:08:59
I looked and looked through Sarno's books to find something about swelling and I couldn't find anything, that is why I asked. I know that initially when I discovered tms I thought I remembered reading something somewhere that the lack of oxygen to the area can cause swelling. I just need verification. Thanks for your response.
altherunner Posted - 04/12/2007 : 19:46:58
I have lent out my copy of Mindbody Prescription, but I believe he describes knee swelling as a symptom of tms. I had the following foot symptoms, that went away after my back pain(with some lingering)
plantar fasciitis, achilles tendonitis, painful bunion, toe cramps,
blamed on pronation, Morton's foot,etc. Gone for several years now, although the "Morton's foot", and the bunion is still there.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000