TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Shin splints - Is it TMS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
IcyScythe Posted - 03/28/2007 : 22:08:06
I've had this insanely troubling pain in both my legs in on the inside part (i.e. the side where the toe is)... I'm guessing it's shin splints. At first I figured it was because I'm on the rugby team and we run around in cleets all the time which tends to put a lot of extra pressure on your legs, and I've been doing some really serious weight training with my upper and lower body.

Anyways, I read up a bit on it and some of what I saw makes me think it might be TMS: for example, I read that it often "defies conventional treatment", and is a recurring problem many times. Also the fact that it came on in BOTH my legs at the same time with more or less equal pain makes me think it's TMS. I used to have TMS in my hands, knees, and back, but cured them all in about 4 months with Dr. Sarno's amazing books. Could my shin splints be another manifestation?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shawnsmith Posted - 03/29/2007 : 09:24:06
Yes, this is a classic example of the symptom imperative, which Dr. Sarno writes about. One symptom clears up only to be replaced with another one all with the view to keeping your distracted from your unconscious emotions. See this new development for what it is and do the same kind of mental work on it as you did on your previous symptoms.

Sarno-ize it!
salamander Posted - 03/28/2007 : 22:52:15
Sarno says that Shin splints is TMS

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000