TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The Emotions and More Serious Disorders

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shawnsmith Posted - 03/21/2007 : 05:26:04
Many people on this message board will report on one symptom or another and ask whether other board members consider it to be a manifestation of TMS. Here is what Dr. Sarno says in chapter 7, page 147, in "Healing Back Pain" under the subtitle: "The Emotions and More Serious Disorders." Please try to keep these words in mind when experiencing new symptoms. I highly recommend you read the whole chapter, and especially that section:

"There are those in medicine who believe that emotions play a role in all aspects of health and illness. I am one of them. [Franz] Alexander suggested doing away with the term psychosomatic medicine since it was redundant - everything medical is influenced in some way be the emotions. I believe that all medical studies are flawed if they do not consider the emotional factor. For example, a research project dealing with the hardening of the arteries usually includes consideration of diet (cholesterol), weight, exercise, genetic factors - but if it does not include emotional factors, the results, in my view are not valid."

Sarno-ize it!
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shawnsmith Posted - 03/21/2007 : 09:01:12
The hypertension chapter in TDM is written by Samuel Mann, MD. He has whole books out on the role of repressed and unconscious emotions on the onset of hypertension. These books even have Dr. Sarno's endorsement on the cover. I have read TDM 3 times.

Sarno-ize it!
sensei adam rostocki Posted - 03/21/2007 : 07:05:35
Well said. "The Divided Mind" goes on to point out many specific examples of mindbody interaction not normally associated with TMS including hypertension. The chapters written by the various other doctors really help to make a convincing arguement for TMS / TMS equivalents as contributors to many processes involved in general health and disease. Sensei

CURE-BACK-PAIN(dot)ORG

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000