TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Bad off this A.M.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
vnwees Posted - 03/19/2007 : 10:40:35
I was in a bad state this morning so decided to post some thoughts here. After a lenghthy outpooring I went to post it and was told I needed to register. Thought maybe something had expired but when i tried to redo everything it said those names, passwords, etc. were taken. I'm terrible with computers and don't know where to get help. I may not even understand the help i get. The whole bloody thing never got sent and I'm steaming. Any suggestions for me? Thanks. Vicki
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vnwees Posted - 03/19/2007 : 13:04:18
Corey, I was writing the above response at the same time you were writing yours so I just saw it. Thanks, but I don't understand any of what you said. I'm just a trained monkey who does what I need to for work and don't get computers or the internet at all. I don't know how to save stuff or move it around. I don't get the terms or concepts. When I was a kid and used to take those standardized tests at school, I could always see how ANY of the answers could be right under certain circumstances. I could never quite grasp what they were going for. This continues to be difficult for me and computers drive me crazy when I try to do anything outside what I know. I can't seem to grasp it, or if i do grasp it for a moment, can't retain it since there's so much of it. I do fairly well in my professional life, but I've learned to compensate and delegate so I don't look like an idiot. God, what a day!!! Anyway, thanks for being there. Just a friendly, caring human being on a day like this makes a HUGE difference. Vicki
vnwees Posted - 03/19/2007 : 12:53:12
Holy crap, just that simple,huh? Thanks so much. Why the heck wouldn't it just tell me to login, not that I had to register? Just the price I pay for being a computer idiot, I guess.

Am feeling a bit better...took time off work this a.m. (I'm self employed) and took the puppy for a long walk to wear him out. Today I'm so tired of all the daily maintnance I have to do just to live. I don't often feel this level of frustration and feel so fried. I really appreciate the ears out there. I have pretty good life support in general, but no one who's done Sarno, so you guys are it. I know a couple of folks who've read him and had some level of success but who continue to hang on to something...physical therapy, belief it's structural, just can't quite buy the concept, etc. so sometimes I feel really alone with all this.

Thanks again for your reply.

Vicki
Littlebird Posted - 03/19/2007 : 12:43:39
Hi Vicki,

I sometimes get that message, and I don't really know why. It just seems to be a glitch in the communication between the computer that hosts the website and my computer, or some such thing. Maybe I just lose my cookie, which is a little piece of info that allows the site to recognize my computer when I come here. When it happens, I check to see if I can log in and if I can't log in then I'll close my browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox or whichever one I'm using) and then reopen the browser and return to the site. Usually then I can log in, but if not I just wait a while and then try again, and eventually I can get on.

In order to be sure I don't lose what I want to post, if I'm writing something long I'll write it in my word processor, Microsoft Word, or you can use whatever writing program is on your computer (such as notepad), where it can be saved in case I have any problem posting it. After I write it I copy and paste it into the box on this web site to post it. If you aren't familiar with copy and paste, you highlight the text you want to move, press the key on your keyboard marked "control" and hold it down while you press the "c" key (this copies it), and then go to the place you want to paste that text, such as the box where you write a post on this site and press "control" and the "v" key to paste it in. If I'm on the site and I start a post in the box, then realize it's going to be long and I don't want to risk losing it when I try to post it, then I'll highlight, copy and paste it from this site into my word processor, to make sure I have another copy in case I lose what I typed when I try to post. I know you may already know how to do this stuff and just didn't think of it. I lost a couple of posts before someone suggested using the word processor to save a copy, just in case, and I wondered why I hadn't thought of it myself when they mentioned doing it this way.

Sorry to hear you were in a bad state and then had this frustrating experience on top of everything. Hope you're feeling a little better now. Take care...Corey
armchairlinguist Posted - 03/19/2007 : 12:27:31
I think you needed to login to your account. It seems you have now done that since you were able to post this. You may be able to try again to post your thoughts. If you look up in the upper right corner with the links, and it says "You are logged on as vnwees" then you are okay to go.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000