TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 18 months of Pain Syndrome - just read Sarno

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sbrooks Posted - 03/17/2007 : 18:18:50
i have had some type of pain syndrome that began 18 months ago. it started when i was hit in the rib playing soccer and all of a sudden i had pain when doing almost any workout activity, despite the level of intensity, etc. most of the time any pain i had would start hours or even a day later. i have had rib pain, Costoshcondritis, for 18 months as well. My back pain has been severe at times but manageable to painful other times. The pain could be in my shoulder, knees, back, arms, hamstrings, hip, etc. depending upon activity. my left hanstring where the knee attaches has constantly felt tight for 18 months. i have been to every doctor type possible, tried alternative medicines, etc. i have had xrays, MRI's, CatScans, etc. I have had cortisone shots in the hip (twice), ribs (both sides twice), back (2 epridurals) I do have a tear in the left knee in the popliteus tendon (but my ortho says it is not a surgery situation). I do have some tendonitis/partial labrum tear in the hip. I have had physical therapy off and on for the last 18 months as well and have felt better at times but cant get over the hump.

I read Sarno's book a few weeks ago and do feel like i have made progress - running at a higher level for the first time in a while, doing situps for the first time in months without pain. I still have pain somewhere every day. i am doing the work book exercises and trying to talk to my brain to deal with pain, reviewing sections of his book. I will keep at it as long as it takes since this has consumed my life and taken away the things i love to do - play sports, work out, play with my kids. as an example, i felt great today after an eliptical workout, then had to shovel snow for a few minutes and now my left lower back has pain. can never figure out what triggers any pain.

Any other suggestions that are not in Sarno's Healing Back Pain book or the video lecture which i purchased?

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Littlebird Posted - 03/18/2007 : 13:18:25
Welcome to the forum! You'll find lots of helpful and encouraging information here, especially if you use the search to look at old threads on issues that are important to you.

In your post you mentioned, "can never figure out what triggers any pain." One of the main keys with TMS is to look for the psychological triggers rather than physical triggers. The physical pain tells us that we have some psychological/emotional issue that we need to acknowledge, and possibly work through. For many people acknowledging the situation is sufficient to have pain relief, but some of us seem to need to do a little more analysis of the issue to really pin down the source of our anger and emotional pain. Think back to when the pain first started and reflect on what sort of pressures or stresses were going on in your life at that time, and also think about any that have occurred since.

Keep in mind that some of the physical conditions which doctors often blame for our pain are just a part of aging, and not everyone who develops such conditions develops pain from them. (I don't know anything about the particular tears you mentioned, but if you do a search you may find others who have had similar experiences.)

Best wishes on getting rid of your pain.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000