TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 burning feet and other parts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
davec Posted - 03/17/2007 : 14:35:59
Hi -i have been following this board since Christmas when luckily i found out about TMS.Having read Sarno et al i have discovered that i fit the bill perfectly as a tms victimn.So i ditched the medication i'd been on for two years and guess what?, i am thinking more clearly and am not in the constant brain fog i was previously.Problem is the constant burning, mainly in my feet(this all began 3 years ago as a pain in one toe)and gradually spread to my face and groin area insists on remaining.i have had every test possible and my last diagnosis was idiopathic neuropathy but there appears absolutely no reason why i have it!(I have non of the usual problems people with PN have)
my question is has anyone else had this sunburn type burning as a symptom of TMS?I have tried your search page but there is nothing specific.
thanks in anticipation
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
holly Posted - 03/22/2007 : 20:32:31
my foot burning/numb/tingling seems to be on and off. Always brought on by shoes! It totally confuses me but I am taking it in my stride at this point. Otherwise I would just drive myself crazy with it!!
davec Posted - 03/22/2007 : 08:15:00
Hi Corey,yes B12 uptake was looked at,its fine.My wife,who is a nurse reckons i'm getting a blush type response in the feet which would kind of make sense given that in my case the TMS is affecting the nerves.The other wierd thing is that when they are on fire my outer skin actually feels cold!
thanks again for your thoughts
David
Littlebird Posted - 03/20/2007 : 14:25:18
Hello again David,

When I was having burning sensations I did not have redness with it. I did have some inflammation in that foot and leg, and usually the foot and leg were paler than the rest of my body. I do believe that TMS can cause some subtle physical changes through the workings of the autonomic nervous system, since it does that in other situations that don't involve an actual physical problem, such as how it can cause us to blush when embarrassed. But I have to agree with Alexis that it's wise to be sure that potential physical causes have been ruled out if there's a chance of it being something that could get worse by going untreated.

Take care--Corey
davec Posted - 03/20/2007 : 10:29:25
thanks alexis i have been on b12 and loads of other vitamins but they have had little affect-tried all of those when searching for a PN cure.
David
davec Posted - 03/20/2007 : 06:26:04
thankyou for replying,without probing, looking too hard outside, etc Sarno seems to imply that people with tms have no physical changes,its just that my feet glow bright red when the burning starts,the other parts of me that burn have no redness at all!!
anybody else have the red feet?
davec Posted - 03/20/2007 : 06:23:12
thankyou for replying,without probing, looking too hard outside, etc Sarno seems to imply that people with tms have no physical changes,its just that my feet glow bright red when the burning starts,the other parts of me that burn have no redness at all!!
anybody else have the red feet?
cfhunter Posted - 03/19/2007 : 19:59:38
I too am a foot burner. Lately the symptoms have been much better...but they still linger. It's been going on in some form or fashion for 7 years.
:)
I am better and not on any medication though.
davec Posted - 03/19/2007 : 04:48:59
Thankyou for your story Chicago,it's very hard to accept that such a painful condition can be the result of TMS but like you i recognise so much of me in Dr Sarno's books.thanks for the encouragement it helps enormously.Like yourself,I certainly won't be giving in
David
chicago Posted - 03/18/2007 : 17:11:21
Hi David,

Sorry to hear about what your going through. I have had a similar experience. My burning pain started in my feet about ten years ago.
After going to the Mayo clinic and being dx with neuropathy I kind of freaked out. The more scared I got (there was no reason they could find out nor I could think of for the burning) the more burning I had. It then started to spread up my legs and then one night I woke up with burning all over. I was in terrible shape. I knew it had something to do with stress put I just wouldn't beieve that stress could be the sole cause for my symtoms. After struggling to get up every day and go to work one day my wife ran accross Healing Back Pain by Dr. Sarno. She told me that it sounded like me. I read the book and put it aside for a year or so. Then one day I picked it up and re-read it and things started to make sense. It was the beginning of accepting my pain for what it is. Its still a struggle some days but I'm 90% better and enjoying life.
Hang in there.

Chicago
davec Posted - 03/18/2007 : 05:05:47
Thankyou for the prompt reply Littlebird its the kind of information that is helping me fully accept the problem really is TMS.
Best Wishes
David
Littlebird Posted - 03/17/2007 : 18:02:22
Hi Davec,

I had burning pains in my feet and legs that went away when I learned about TMS. The burning sensations differed in the way they felt from day to day and from area to area. I had spots on the top of one foot and up the side of one leg that ranged in severity from feeling like a sunburn on my skin to feeling like a really bad burn from touching a hot stove or something. There were a lot of other neurological symptoms too that went away within a short time. I had been trying to control the burning and other neurological sensations with Neurontin, with limited success, and I had tried to stop the medication before learning of TMS because I didn't like the side effects, but the pain and other sensations got worse. Once I learned of TMS I was able to wean off the med and still get rid of the burning and other neuro sensations. I still am working on other symptoms, but it's so nice not to have that burning!

Hope you'll be rid of your pain soon.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000