TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Activity Following Acute Spasm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oz_tgap Posted - 03/14/2007 : 15:38:40
Note that I didn't call this "return to activity" - since I was not very active prior to my recent spasm, due to chronic buttock pain coupled with fear of bringing on a spasm. Well, the spasm happened anyway, at the same time as I was fixing my bed - just leaning forward slightly with knees straight.

My question is this. When you get a spasm, your back is quite painful for about a week of so - especially if you make certain moves. Should one totally ignore this pain and do what you want, or can doing so cause some problem?

-Paul

2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
armchairlinguist Posted - 03/14/2007 : 20:13:59
If it's TMS, both the spasm itself and how long it lasts are conditioned. It's not harmful pain, because it's not an injury. You probably need to work on deconditioning your expectations in this regard...

Just keep going with the TMS work, and reminding yourself that the pain is not physically meaningful, only psychically so.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
sensei adam rostocki Posted - 03/14/2007 : 15:43:54
Hi Paul, Ignoring the pain can make it worse. Instead, try to acknowledge that the pain is not harmful and will end shortly. Equate the pain to the psychological/emotional issues that are causing your TMS. When the pain acts up, force yourself to think about those issues. Do not be predisposed to the idea that it will last a week, a month or whatever. I have personally seen TMS pain end abruptly. Hope this helps... Sensei Adam Rostocki

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000