TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pregnancy - Need encouragement

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newmom Posted - 03/14/2007 : 11:13:52
I have made almost a complete success with my recovery. I no longer have any pain (I'm not sure I ever had pain unless you call getting a twinge and sending my whole back into a panic spasm as a result)! I still have flexibility issues, however, I have lost some weight (gained 70 pounds since my first pregnancy 1 1/2 years ago) and I seem to be getting back to myself since losing 25 pounds. However, my goal is to return to my previous weight and then try to get pregnant again. (It's a personal choice to try to get close to my starting weight, then really watch my weight gain for this pregnancy and only gain the recommended weight.)

Even though I am pretty confident that having a herniated disc should not cause me any pain or pain in the future, the little TMS Gremlin keeps playing over and over in my head that I will not be able to carry a baby again due to this and I will be in pain all over again. I can tell myself 100% of the time that this is a crazy thought and that I will be fine, but it's seems I am not really believing this.

Therefore, I need help. I need some encouragement and I need to know that I am healthy and can carry another baby without any structural problems. I cannot express how much reading the posts on this board have helped me and I guess I am reaching out for some encouragement and other people who have had back TMS issues and then had babies.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Newmom Posted - 03/22/2007 : 14:37:38
Thanks. It is so hard for me to grasp this idea that my back is really that strong and I will be fine through another pregnancy. I have a son that is 14 months old and is appox 26 lbs now, and he is soooooo heavy for me. I still have problems with bending over to pick him up and I always get down on my knees and then go up that way and I do not carry him around other than to transport him from one place to another. I guess I am still scare and I am still having trouble with the conditioning of my mind, where if you carry something heavy, your back will go out. Yet, I have a sister who is barely weighs 100 lbs and she throws him in the area and does all sorts of things with him. I am way more durable and meaty than her and I appear to be way more fragile - go figure!!
Nor Posted - 03/19/2007 : 20:46:37
Hi Newmom,

If you really believe that your disc pain is TMS then you should be okay. I assume you didn't know about TMS the first time around - maybe that's why you were in such spasm. Plus, having a child is so much beyond the pregnancy. Two weeks in bed is nothing if the reward is a baby, right?

If I were you, I'd focus on weather or not I was ready for another child and take it from there. Try not to over analyze the pregnancy aspect of it.

Just my 2 cents.

Nor
Newmom Posted - 03/19/2007 : 10:48:10
Thanks for the encouragement. The issue that has a hold of me is the fear of being in pain or re-injuring myself. Pregnancy takes a mighty toll on a woman's body and I am afraid of my back hurting again. Sounds silly, huh? When I was pregnant the first time, I had an episode of really bad back pain that required me to be on bed rest for about 2 weeks - my muscles were in such a bad spasm it was so painful to even turn over in bed. Imagine that, you have a bowling ball on your belly and your'e limited to start with, then add muscle spasms, ouch!! Apparently, I suffered from a bulged disc. I know that the physical diagnosis doesn't mean anything - but what if it happens again and causes the same pain??

I am still on the fence about this. My husband is ready to have another baby whenever I am. He doesn't put any pressure on me and if I decide I cannot have another one, he understands. (Maybe because he already got his son?!?!)

Nor Posted - 03/16/2007 : 07:11:07
Hi NewMom,
Congratulations on your weight loss and recovery! I also had 2 unproblematic pregnancies and I have an old herniated disc and significant scoliosis. On the contrary, I believe my pregnancies almost helped because my emotions and anxiety were focused on the babies instead. Sarno says that TMS will often fade during another medical "condition".

Another thing to consider is that some back discomfort is normal during pregnancy and afterwards from carrying the baby/toddler around. Just don't let it freak you out.

Good luck!
Nora
Lizzie Posted - 03/16/2007 : 05:31:06
Newmom

You give me hope. Your past postings sounded so like me yet you have made such great progress. I am pleased for you. I can see huge changes in the way you write and that makes me feel confident that you will go on to have a good pregnancy.

During my first pregnancy I had back pain but none in my second pregnancy which went very well. My back pain returned big time 4 years ago when my youngest son was 4 and that is how I have come to find out about TMS and Sarno during the last year. You are ahead of the game as you already know the beast of TMS.

Incidentally I only gained 21 pounds in my entire second pregnancy, gave birth to a healthy 7lb11oz boy and was back in my jeans within days after the birth. I think this was because I was so busy running after my other son so weight might not be the same issue next time around for you either.

Gosh, just read back over the last paragraph and the perfectionist in me is glaring out in every line!! Back to the journalling hey!

Good luck Newmom and take care.

Lizzie
cfhunter Posted - 03/14/2007 : 13:44:08
I waited 4 years to even TRY to get pregnant with my first because of FEAR of pain.
I finally bit the bullet...got pregnant and never had ONE bad symptom in my feet (that's my area of issue) the entire time. I had NEVER felt better then when I was pregnant.
42 pounds later I had a healthy happy boy....I really concentrated on the joy of him being in my tummy and how blessed we were.
I am trying to get pregnant right now too...despite having a major set back in my feet in the last two years...I KNOW I will be fine no matter what.
and so will YOU.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000