TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Not a tear or emotion shed

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mmcgurren Posted - 03/11/2007 : 20:51:21
Hi everyone. I took your advice and have been journaling (only 4 days worth). I'm trying to muster up some emotions but I just can't feel a thing to get out frustrations, anger or sadness. Has ANYONE had this problem? What the heck? I feel stone cold.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mmcgurren Posted - 03/13/2007 : 21:15:14
Tennis Tom, so you are saying that getting on Celexa gave you your "out of body/not having any feelings" experience?

tennis tom Posted - 03/13/2007 : 11:12:22
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

There is an article in this month's Elle magazine about what is now being called "Depersonalization Syndrome," which is a feeling of being out of the body and having no feelings. Very interesting and becoming a latest "fad' like CFS (which I had so I'm not judging). I smelled a definite TMS equivalent as I was reading it.

It might be fun for you to read.

Love is the answer, whatever the question

tennis tom Posted - 03/13/2007 : 11:07:44
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

There is an article in this month's Elle magazine about what is now being called "Depersonalization Syndrome," which is a feeling of being out of the body and having no feelings.

Hi W.S.,

I was able to re-create "depersonalization syndrome" a few years back with the aid of a half-dose of Celexa, an anti-depressant. I read in a back-book (non-Sarno), about positive effects on back pain using mild doses of anti-depressants. Played around with it for about six months and got that feeling of "being out of the body and having no feelings". Got some physical relief for a while and then it leveled off.

Cheers,
tt
Wavy Soul Posted - 03/13/2007 : 00:52:52
There is an article in this month's Elle magazine about what is now being called "Depersonalization Syndrome," which is a feeling of being out of the body and having no feelings. Very interesting and becoming a latest "fad' like CFS (which I had so I'm not judging). I smelled a definite TMS equivalent as I was reading it.

It might be fun for you to read.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
mmcgurren Posted - 03/12/2007 : 23:59:54
You have all given excellent advice. I feel like I understand better now. I will keep plugging away at it and see what emerges. And by the way...I love the example given of how you write when you get lost in your thoughts. That cracked me up! Thanks for making me smile today. I really appreciate the help from each of you.

shawnsmith Posted - 03/12/2007 : 10:53:23
From my vantage point, there is no need to muster up anything in the course of your journaling. Remember, you may never ever acually feel those emotions which are the source of your problem as they are respressed and will most likely remain that way.

Remember also that when doing self analysis you will have a tendency to delude yourself into thinking you are a certain kind of person but that your narrative may be far removed from reality. Don't get too attached to anyone story as it may actually act as a layer of distraction away from your inward journey.

Sarno-ize it!
Bliss Posted - 03/12/2007 : 10:45:07
I too did not think that journaling would help. After all, I felt that I already had all my thoughts swirling around in my head and I even answered most of those thoughts...so why would I BOTHER to waste my time writing them all down? Felt it would be redundant.
Not true. I did not appreciate the unconscious stuff.

What helped immensely is that I bought a free-flowing type of pen with which you hardly have to press down on the paper. This enabled me to write words FASTER than what my head was generating. Ninety percent of the time, the writing became quite illegible and lots of the words were half complete...but it flowed out of me more liberally.

e.g: 1/2 th time th wds wr only writtn this way.

I decided not to worry cause if I could write at the same rate that my thoughts kept firing around, then I could truly lose myself in it (the journaling) ...thus lose control...and THAT's when unconscious stuff/feelings/epiphanies would finally come.
Try it - it might work for ya.
Good luck
Bliss
Kristin Posted - 03/11/2007 : 21:57:50
Don't worry. I am a somewhat emotionally detacted person and tend to look at these things logically. It still works for me because if I understand the psychological nature of the distraction of physical pain, I can still release it. If emotions are eventually released also I am glad, because it feels good but I have not found that necessary. In my life today, my concentration of emotion is going toward expressing love and joy more openly, unafraid.

Yikes, my response sounds a little bit like an android that has been programmed to think this way. This kind of thinking, in that I mean, a TMS cure, should be approached with an open mind, allowing your own patterns to emerge in your own comfort level. I have not had to do much more than mentally acknowledge that hidden rage exists and do my best to let it go and move on. Emphasis on the much!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000