TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS Doctors in London UK

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DitaH Posted - 02/02/2007 : 18:18:47
Hi All - I'm new to this forum, and have done a search about this , couldn't see any posts already - does anyone know of a TMS doctor in London? Thanks for any replies

Andrew
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wurstsalat Posted - 06/26/2007 : 14:57:44
I tried it out today and I have to say it was not for me. They concentrate too much on the emotions themselves without considering your overall psychological state. I dont want to train a reaction to my emotions, I want to be aware of them and if necessary address them through therapy.
Also there is no element of complete healing, it seems very much just a coping strategy that if successfull gets near healing.

Not for me! And the therapist seemed very ... uneducated in general matters ...
wurstsalat Posted - 06/25/2007 : 15:49:04
Hi,

so neither of you actually has done reverse therapy?

I wouldnt mind catching up somewhere in central London for a beer or two ... Maybe we should organize a London-TMS patient meeting?
HilaryN Posted - 06/25/2007 : 14:10:39
I tried "The Journey" - that worked for me.

Hilary N
jcmailer Posted - 06/25/2007 : 13:43:35
Hi,

good luck with the reverse therapy! Would you guys ever consider a meet up in London sometime,

Jon.
wurstsalat Posted - 06/25/2007 : 12:01:00
Hi, I have an appointment with one of them reverse therapists tomorrow. Out of curiosity, did any of you fellow Londoners try them out?

DitaH Posted - 02/10/2007 : 01:34:18
thanks for that, floorten. Will check out what they've got to say. If i can do it all myself through reading a few books then I'd like to do that, but otherwise I might take a visit to Harley st, where two of their directors are located.

Andrew
floorten Posted - 02/04/2007 : 16:47:15
It's not quite the identical approach, but you might look at reverse therapy
http://www.reverse-therapy.com/

This is available in London I believe, and is a similar mind-body approach based on the idea that negative emotions are at the cause of chronic pain problems. You won't find all their treatment ideas match up exactly with Sarnos, but then seeing as there's not one TMS doctor in the whole country, the phrase "beggars can't be choosers" springs to mind ;-)

If you read on their website and substitute their term "bodymind" with subconscious, and "headmind" with conscious then you'll find their description of the process fairly close to Sarno's description, and very close to Brady's. They don't use the "distraction" explanation, preferring instead the "warning alarm" explanation, but really this isn't a big deal, considering all the similarities.

If I were living back in Blighty right now I'd certainly give em a shot myself.
regards,
greg.

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson
HilaryN Posted - 02/04/2007 : 14:16:13
Hi Andrew,

I'm in London and as far as I know there are no TMS doctors here. I did email Dr Sarno 18 months ago about TMS-trained psychotherapists, and he said there weren't any in the UK but suggested I find an analytically-trained one and lend them my copy of "The Mindbody Prescription".

Hilary N

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000