TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 GREAT book on the subconscious workings...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paul Posted - 01/21/2007 : 08:29:26
As many of you know, the subconscious is the main culprit to TMS. It is a very powerful thing. I found a book that is amazing and worth a read, it may even change your life. I think it is fantastic.

It is called, "The Power of the Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy.

Worth a read, that is for sure!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jeff4460 Posted - 01/22/2007 : 14:45:03
I agree...this is a very good book that has made a diffrence in my life. But....one slight word of caution. This book is filled with 'Positive thinking'. Be careful when applying this to TMS. I think it was Dr. Sopher who wrote "you don't need to think positive, you need to think accurately".

I am in the middle of my 2nd fight with TMS right now. In the late 90's I was able to get the "book cure" after reading (and re-reading many times) Dr. Sarno's books. I say "book cure" because I never did any journaling or any of the extra work that many of us are doing now. I fell into the positive thinking trap over the last few years. No matter what twinge or spasm I might have, I would just tell myself that "nothing was wrong", "perfect health", "I am strong and healthy", etc. In a way I was stuffing my emotions of anger away by repeating these sayings. Well things must have boiled over because I have had low back pain since August. Starting early this month I dove head first back into the TMS theory and I'm trying to re-learn everything I forgot. I'm making good progress so far and am excited about my full recovery!!! (See...positive thinking)

I'll say it again...It's a good book that is worth a read.

Jeff
Carlton_King Posted - 01/22/2007 : 13:06:32
quote:
Originally posted by Paul

As many of you know, the subconscious is the main culprit to TMS. It is a very powerful thing. I found a book that is amazing and worth a read, it may even change your life. I think it is fantastic.

It is called, "The Power of the Subconscious Mind" by Joseph Murphy.

Worth a read, that is for sure!

I've read it - it's decent.

Here's somthing that's pretty similar but free, for those interested.

http://www.psitek.net/pages/PsiTekTMKSContents.html
Paul Posted - 01/21/2007 : 13:30:28
Yes, this book is really powerful and is PERFECT for people here who are suffering with TMS. The reason? The book goes in depth about the power of the subconscious and how we can "reprogram" it for all types of positive impacts in our lives.
Littlebird Posted - 01/21/2007 : 13:14:23
Thanks, Paul. I like to check out books other people recommend, so it's great when people share what they've found useful.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000