TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Help Locating a Physician or Psycologist

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
redhead47 Posted - 01/18/2007 : 08:57:57
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum. I would like to know if anyone can help me find a Physician or Psycologist in the Fort Lauderdale area that deals with TMS. I have had a great deal of success with Dr. Sarno's plan. For the last 15 years it has been working for me. But I seem to be having a major relapse and am not quite sure why. I was a patient of Dr.Sarno's in the early 1990's, but have since moved to South Florida. I can not seem to find anyone down here who believes in this theory of the mind body connections If any can help me, I would really appreciate.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redhead47 Posted - 01/22/2007 : 13:03:49
TT,

Thanks for the info, unfortunely there were no dr's in area, they only listed the dr in orlando. I do not know whey this isn't wide spread. I've been dealing with tms since 1985 you would think there would be more progress made in this field, more dr envolved in this. It is very discouraging. I think I am one my one here once again. The most frustrating thing that I have found so far with tms is that it does work, I was in a 15 year remision or semi remission, I felt like I had my pain under control and bam out of the blue it hit without warning or without my being aware of warning signs. Now I have to go back and re-evaluate and look at my life again. Start at the beginning. Well it worked once it should work again. Wish me luch. As I wish all of you.

redhead 47
tennis tom Posted - 01/22/2007 : 08:08:59
TMS practitioners are few and far between. In Florida, Dr. Brady is probably your best bet. To look for others, although they will be more distant, check the links on the "Home Page" at this site or www.tarpityoga.com which has a comprehensive section on TMS and a national map of practitioners. Or you may check with Dr. Brady's office, they may have a referral who is not listed on the TMS boards.

Good Luck, tell us if you find someone who is not listed.

Regards,
tt
redhead47 Posted - 01/22/2007 : 07:52:38
Alan,

Thanks for the info, I was hoping for someone closer, but if I have to go to orlando I will. But I do appreciate any info anyone has to offer.

Allan Posted - 01/21/2007 : 07:27:32
FLORIDA
Orlando
Scott Brady, MD
The Brady Institute for Health
P.O. Box 2982
Windermere, FL 34786
www.BradyInstitute.com
(407) 876-1888

Allan.
redhead47 Posted - 01/18/2007 : 10:08:05
Beth,

Thanks for replying to my question. I have heard about Dr. Scott Brady. If all else fails I might just take a ride up to the orlando area. I have lived in Florida since 1999. I have had a lot a stress in my life recently, but nothning unusual. I was was really proud of myself for handling things so well for so long. This has come as a big shock to me. I will email you about your ft. laud suggestion. Talk to you soon.
h2oskier25 Posted - 01/18/2007 : 09:35:12
Hello Red,

I've been waiting for you for years!! I lived in Ft. Laud for 13 years, and suffered w/ TMS for a good part of that. I'm symptom free now, and I, too, struggled with the lack of TMS physicians thing.

Scott Brady is in Orlando, and that's all I know. I never went to see him. I live in Ft. Myers now.

How long have you lived in Ft. Laud. Could a recent move be contributing to your relapse? I know when I moved over to Ft. Myers the whole thing was such a positive experience, yet I relapsed big time.

If you live or work near down town, I have a suggestion, but wouldn't make it on this forum.

Feel free to contact me via email.

Welcome to the board,

Beth

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000