TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Other TMS materials?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Minda Posted - 01/15/2007 : 17:23:20
Does anybody know of other good TMS materials such as books, videos, etc? Can you only find Sarno's videos on his website? I'm looking for something in addition to help me along. I don't want to buy something that might not be worth it. Any suggestions?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
h2oskier25 Posted - 01/18/2007 : 11:27:11
Rapid Recovery from Back and Neck Pain by Fred Amir.

Beth
Jim1999 Posted - 01/17/2007 : 23:04:07
Minda,

Sarno books: Which Sarno book(s) have you read? My favorite one is "Healing Back Pain".

Other books: I haven't read "Pain Free for Life", so I can't comment on that one. My favorites are "Freedom from Fibromyalgia" and "Back Sense". Both are written by authors who have recovered from TMS using Dr. Sarno's ideas. Both books have good discussions of journaling, which you mentioned in your previous thread (topic).

Your previous thread also mentioned that your pain was worst when you wake up and then improves throughout the day. This might mean that you are dreaming about your repressed emotions. Your unconscious mind would then produce the pain to distract you from what you were dreaming about. If so, then "Freedom from Fibromyalgia" might be the best book, since it also has a section on dreams.

Take care,
Jim
Minda Posted - 01/16/2007 : 05:31:50
Thanks for responding. I actually have Scott Brady's book reserved at the library right now. I feel like the more and more I read and study this approach the more it will help. I accept the ideas but I think I'm still having fear that the pain will get worse. I seem to just wake up in the morning with pain for no reason and then gets better through the day. I just keep hammering away. Thanks again.
Littlebird Posted - 01/15/2007 : 23:43:29
Hi Minda,

I also read Pain Free for Life, and liked it quite a bit. I read Freedom from Fibromyalgia, by Dr. Selfridge, and thought it had some good information too, not just for people with Fibromyalgia. I liked the Pain Free book a little better though. The Sarno book I read was The Divided Mind, and I liked that it had chapters by other doctors in it. That's the book that Tennis Tom has been posting quotes from on another thread. Each doctor seems to be a little different in their approach, so I felt it was useful for me to read the different books. Not everyone feels the same though--it's an individual thing.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000