TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Depressesed but why no pain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kevin t Posted - 12/27/2006 : 04:59:44
Lately, I have experienced almost no pain. But Im am severely depressed right now for reasons that are too huge to name.

If TMS is a way of distraction, then why an I not in pain like I was weeks ago?This is strange to me why it decides to subsside in this time of my life. Im not doing well mentally and Ive been drinking more than usual, but yet no increase in pain.

I should be thankful ,but Im curious why TMS can just come and go like this in a time that I am obviously stressed..
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Redsandro Posted - 12/28/2006 : 05:39:40
I think I'm experiencing something similar. And I'm wondering, do you feel overall bad, or does it make perfect sense to you?

Both the latter and the first are experienced so damn extreme because the hypothalamus (emotion controller of the brain) is told to secrete a lot of neurohormones that emphazise sucky feelings. Serotonine deprivation makes matters worse but - dunno if I'm stupid - I think it's less interesting because lack of joy is not the same as massive depression imo.

When you also think you got it all figured out, maybe your conclusions trigger the same as the TMS does. After all, a feeling down emotion is made possible by our body for a reason, and it's not just TMS. Maybe when you're depressed more often during a lifetime, the ucs ego notices an attention shift and writes it on his big list of 'TMS symptoms that work.' I mean I think your brain makes this list during non-TMS symptoms. Because if symptoms are spontaneously, at one point we would all **** our pants because the ego tries if that's a distraction..

Now about the thoughts that are emphazised in negativity by the depression, in my case, seem legimit TMS causes because they are disturbing thoughts. This is where TMS as I know it stops making sense, and where the books lack depth.

What do you think? Are your depressive thoughts related to TMS causing rage? Should we journal about our depressed disturbances or should we try and focus on something else?

wrldtrv Posted - 12/27/2006 : 20:07:55
I agree. That's exactly what Sarno says in The Divided Mind.
tennis tom Posted - 12/27/2006 : 07:06:54
Hi Kevin T,

Depression is TMS. It's as much TMS as if it were in a body part. Actually it is in a body part if we consider our gray matter to be a part of us. It's called an affective (emotional) symptom.

What you've experienced is called the symptom imperative. The pain moving around. The gremlin must be served. Depression serves the same purpose for the psyche as if the pain were in the wrist. It says to you I have a wound, give me a break. I can't keep doing this stuff that I hate doing or facing because I am depressed, I need a time-out. Your unconscious has pulled you out of the game just as assuredly as if the TMS pain was in your wrist, knee or foot.

TMS pain moving around is called by Dr. Sarno the "SYMPTOM IMPERATIVE." I like to think of depression as a TMS overuse injury of the gray matter. You need to treat it like any other TMS symptom. You have to stop and ask yourself what is going on in my life that depression is distracting me from?

Regards from TT, corresponding from Carson City, Nevada

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000