TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 How do you handle a flair in pain?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paul Posted - 12/25/2006 : 20:36:56
I've posted here before and am battling chronic pelvic pain and levator ani syndrome. Basically, it is like a chronic knot in my rear end and it hurts badly. I've been doing TMS work for about a couple weeks. The first week I felt progress and more optimistic, etc. Pain reduced, etc. But the last couple of days it has got really, really bad.

My questions are this...

1. When pain flairs up, does this mean that there is something we are repressing at that moment when the pain is worse?

2. How do you handle the flairs in pain? Is it ok to take something to relieve the pain or is it better to tough it out and challenge it?

Love to know your thoughts.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paul Posted - 12/26/2006 : 15:33:14
Thanks John, I will be sending you an email shortly.

One other thing, lately when I journal which is every night before bed, I've been making sure I put a scale down from 1-10 (best to worst) for each...one for anxiety that day, one for pain that day.

I thought I would do this to see how things go up and down and see if they correlate to the journal writings.

Do you think this is a good thing to do or does it keep the "pain" and "anxiety" into focus each time I journal?

Thanks!
JohnO Posted - 12/26/2006 : 14:54:08
Paul -- I have the same thing going on with levator syndrome, as the docs like to call it, and I am much better since I got back into Sarno. If you want to e-mail me I can give you some ideas of stuff that helped me. You can get better.
Dave Posted - 12/26/2006 : 10:53:59
quote:
Originally posted by Paul

I've posted here before and am battling chronic pelvic pain and levator ani syndrome.

First suggestion: stop calling it "levator ani syndrome." That gives it life.
quote:

1. When pain flairs up, does this mean that there is something we are repressing at that moment when the pain is worse?

Not necessarily. I find it better to treat TMS as a random process. The symptoms come from an overflow of unconscious rage. The overflow may have been caused by some recent events in your life so it is certainly worth asking yourself "What has happened recenly that I may be repressing my true feelings about?" But don't struggle to find "the" answer because there is no conscious emotion that can fully explain what is going on unconsciously.
quote:

2. How do you handle the flairs in pain? Is it ok to take something to relieve the pain or is it better to tough it out and challenge it?

It's fine to take pain killers as long as you tell yourself you are relieving the symptoms only but you know that the pain is related to psychological issues. What works for one person might not work for the next. Some can laugh off the pain, some get angry at it, some simply ignore it. As long as you are conivnced it is benign, it can be diffused, but it doesn't happen instantaneously. An acute flare-up can take days to subside even when it is psychogenic.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000