TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Journaling 101 for TMS...tips and advice?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Paul Posted - 12/07/2006 : 17:21:55
What tips and advice to you recommend for beneficial journaling when dealing with TMS? Are there things to avoid and things to focus on the most?

Just curious, thanks!
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Paul Posted - 12/09/2006 : 08:22:38
ReferFire,

Um, the "substance" of your posts are nearly nothing. Take a look for yourself. You jump on here, post with very little content at all and only direct to your website.

Trust me, it is pretty obvious what you are doing and it is sad.

Sorry, just my true opinion.
Paul Posted - 12/08/2006 : 19:02:10
Ok, I read your other post and you seem to just be plugging your websites.
Littlebird Posted - 12/08/2006 : 16:18:58
Paul, here is another link to a comment on journaling that might be of interest.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2831
h2oskier25 Posted - 12/08/2006 : 07:16:56
Wow Wavey,

Great post. I'm going to use that for sure !!

Beth
Wavy Soul Posted - 12/08/2006 : 05:48:30
Those are great threads. I just want to add that it has taken me a while to really get that I actually have to DO the journalling (or, sometimes, just ranting, to a friend, a cat, a therapist, whoever!).

It has helped me to allow at least 2 voicces to come through. One is the voice who is allowed to say anything. It's the voice of my repressed emotions. Unfortunately, since they have been repressed for so long, they have become kind of toxic, and a lot of what they have to "say" is full of judgment, blame, victimy whining, expletives, etc. I just let it all come out (thinking to myself, "better delete this page in case anyone goes on my computer while I'm away").

Then there is another voice - my so-called higher consciousness perhaps - that can respond to some of the beliefs I have blurted out and actually correct them. But the first thing I make this voice say is, "I hear that you're angry, you are allowed to have your anger. I'm feeling it with you and it is allowed here, and accepted."

Then once that non-judgmental context is established, that other voice goes through a lot of the BELIEFS that were expressed, pointing out some more enlightened truths.

Because I have found that the real reason my feelings are stuck is because they wrap around victimy, limiting, blaming beliefs. What else can they do if they are not allowed to be FELT. As I have said in other threads, for me the formula is:

Feel the feelings (acknowledge them, actually breathe them through your body even)

Change the beliefs (for example, "I'm free and it's none of my business what she thinks" - instead of "I always have to do what she wants.")

I'm going back to bed now. Thanks for allowing me to remind myself of this.

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Littlebird Posted - 12/08/2006 : 00:51:06
Here are a couple of threads you might find helpful to check out. On the first one, look for the post by Jim1999 for some good suggestions about journaling. The second one is all about journaling and releasing repressed emotions. http://tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1135&whichpage=1
http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1321

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000