TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMSHelp Forum Chat

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Stryder Posted - 11/28/2006 : 18:30:32
Would any of you like to talk TMS in chat room session?

I have located a free chat service that seems to be easy to use and lets us create our own chat room. If there is any interest, I would be willing to set this up on a trial basis for a test drive with members of the TMSHelp Forum. You do not need to download any programs to your computer for this to work, and you do not need any special network access. Any web browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, NetScape) should work ok.

Reply to this post with your opinions. Details will be updated and posted below.

-Stryder

~~~Chat Session 2~~~

Date: to be announced
Time: to be announced
Length: 1 hour

Password: to be announced
Web Site: to be announced

Mission Rules:
(1) Be polite, cordial and stay mostly on topic
(2) Use the same login name that you use on the TMSHelp Forum
(3) Out of bounds behaviour will terminate the chat session for everyone

~~~
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HilaryN Posted - 12/02/2006 : 02:21:00
quote:
I haven't come to any conclusion if it is useful/fair to post a transcript, I'll think about that going forward.

I think it would be good to post the transcript – however, I wouldn’t want to do so without the permission of all the participants, and as most of them haven’t enabled contact info on their profiles I can’t email them to find out.

If you’d like to enable contact info, click “Profile” at the top of the page, enter your password, then below email address, select “Yes” for “Allow Forum members to send you email”. Then click the Submit button at the bottom. (You may need to Page Down to see the Submit button.)

In the year since I joined the forum I’ve only received about 3 spam mails, which isn’t too bad. Your email address is only revealed if you reply to an email which someone sends you from the forum.

If you’ve forgotten your password you can always create a new user. (eg HilaryN2)

quote:
I'm thinking maybe if we do this again to try earlier in the day, on a weekend, so members from Europe can have a crack at it. Possibly 21:00GMT(UTC) which would be USA 4:00PM EST [1:00PM PST].

Stryder, I was going to suggest exactly that. For Aussie/NZ members that would be around 8am I guess.

The advantage of having an arranged chat like this is that there’s more of a chance that someone else will be online at the same time.

The advantage of the impromptu ones is that you can go on at a suitable time for you. So there are benefits to both.

Hilary N
Stryder Posted - 12/01/2006 : 17:49:12
Here is a summary of the 30-Nov-2006 chat session.

We had 5 members attend, one from the UK who was visiting in Kenya [Africa], and the session ran about 1-1/2 hours. We learned we were all at different stages in our TMS journeys, so there was a good exchange of questions and ideas about TMS equiv and ways to deal with them. A couple times the chat room bounced out a couple people, but other than that minor problem the web-based chat room worked ok.

There was some benefit to having a live session since a couple members typically don't post topics/replies on the TMSHelp Forum, so they found it helpful to participate in an more interactive discussion.

I haven't come to any conclusion if it is useful/fair to post a transcript, I'll think about that going forward.

I'm thinking maybe if we do this again to try earlier in the day, on a weekend, so members from Europe can have a crack at it. Possibly 21:00GMT(UTC) which would be USA 4:00PM EST [1:00PM PST].

Thanks to those who stopped by to visit. -Stryder
Stryder Posted - 12/01/2006 : 17:36:32
quote:
Originally posted by HilaryN

I'm confused - were there 2 chats going on?...

Hilary N

So am I. FlyByNight is promoting ad hoc chats thus causing some confusion with the scheduled chat from yesterday.

Maybe FlyByNight and I should agree to make announcements in different posts? That would be fine with me, just a thought.

-Stryder
FlyByNight Posted - 12/01/2006 : 13:57:57
I had a very nice chat on mIRC yesterday .. I am welcoming everybody to download the mIRC software (just google it) and type de info in the command line at the base of the main window to join the chat...

mIRC is the best chat software yet on the net. Very fast ... very complete

P.
h2oskier25 Posted - 12/01/2006 : 10:24:22
Tom,

I will send you the transcript of the first hour that Hilary was so nice to email to me.

tennis tom Posted - 12/01/2006 : 09:36:47
Sorry I missed the live chat, I had to take my girlfriend out for her birthday dinner. Is there any way to read the chat after it's over or only live?

thanks
HilaryN Posted - 12/01/2006 : 09:28:27
I'm confused - were there 2 chats going on?

Anyway, thanks for organising that, Stryder. It was very interesting.

Hilary N
CherylH Posted - 11/30/2006 : 20:00:28
Sorry, having problems figuring out how to get to the server. Will try another time maybe - thanks, cheryl
Redsandro Posted - 11/30/2006 : 18:04:18
Nice time :P

Only 2 more hours.. but it's 2AM now and must... sleep....

FlyByNight Posted - 11/30/2006 : 15:38:17
i am currently on the mIRC chat #TMS room

in mIRC, just type /server irc.efnet.net
and after type /join #tms

see ya there ..

P"
h2oskier25 Posted - 11/30/2006 : 14:42:45
Great Idea.

Thanks for organizing this, Stryder.

Beth
Stryder Posted - 11/29/2006 : 16:40:19
quote:
Originally posted by MikeJ

There's also a mIRC chatroom just in case some people have missed that thread. I hope that helps.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2779&SearchTerms=chat

I totally missed that post from a couple weeks ago, didnt mean to cover old ground.

To answer TT's question, a chat room is more like a real time conversation. You type one line of text on your computer, and we all see your typing within a few seconds.

I will post the link to the chat room. There is nothing you need to do other than sign on with your name (and the chat room password, which is a different password from what you use on TMSHelp Forum). You do not have to download/copy any programs to your computer at all (like IRC or MIRC). If you can access the internet using your web browser then you should be able to use the chat room. More info later.

I also agree with Ralph that the forum is very good and will remain the mainstay of the members here. Just thought we might try out another way to communicate.

-Stryder

ralphyde Posted - 11/29/2006 : 13:09:47
I think what we already have here is very good, and that a chat room would just disperse us and make it harder to keep up with the flow of discussion. I like the discussions being all in one place, this forum. So I vote no.

Ralph
HilaryN Posted - 11/29/2006 : 11:57:24
Tom,

I thought Redsandro explained the difference in the above thread?

As to how to connect, hopefully you just click the link which Stryder will provide and follow instructions. I've not done much of it myself, so sorry I can't provide more info. Give it a go, though.

Hilary N
tennis tom Posted - 11/29/2006 : 09:37:37
I'm a computer Luddite, could someone please explain the difference between a "message board" and a "chat room" and how you connect to one
HilaryN Posted - 11/29/2006 : 09:19:20
On second thoughts, I'm in Kenya this week and 3am GMT is 6am here. I might be able to manage that just about! Let me know.

Hilary N
HilaryN Posted - 11/29/2006 : 09:08:19
I'd be interested, but I'll most likely be fast asleep at that time..

Hilary N
CherylH Posted - 11/29/2006 : 07:08:15
I would be curious if a chat could be helpful. I'm not new to TMS but I feel stagnant in my progress.
Tks - clh
spacegirl74 Posted - 11/29/2006 : 02:41:32
I would really like to use a chat, erspecially since I just discovered TMS and I need as much info/support as I can get :-P
MikeJ Posted - 11/29/2006 : 02:30:27
There's also a mIRC chatroom just in case some people have missed that thread. I hope that helps.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2779&SearchTerms=chat

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000