TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Sarno's seminars v. videotapes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newmom Posted - 11/28/2006 : 13:07:32
I have no information on Dr. Sarno's seminars or videos. I am looking for any advice on what each of these details. I am thinking about getting the videos but not sure if they would be that much help since I read the books.

Also, I read that you must attend a seminar before you can be seen by Dr. Sarno for an appointment. Can anybody give me any information on these two and if they found either of these two helpful?

I can easily travel to New York City to have an appointment or attend a seminar. Is this worth it, or am I going to get more out of the videos/books?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
redskater Posted - 11/30/2006 : 09:15:25
I watched the videos quite a bit when I frist started and they really helped me. Well worth the money. And you can review anytime!

Gaye
tennis tom Posted - 11/29/2006 : 21:11:37
Hi Camanjr255,

Thanks for the description of your visit to the Good Doctor and congratulations on your successful outcome, it's greatly apprecitated.

Regards and thanks for sharing,
tt
Newmom Posted - 11/29/2006 : 13:59:33
Your posts have helped. I feel bad asking this, but does anybody have the videos/dvd's that they would be willing to share or sell cheaply?
cmanjr255 Posted - 11/29/2006 : 13:38:29
HI... I was a Dr. Sarno patient fortunate enough to get to see him at NYU..... I went to see him in his office PRIOR to attending the two required seminars he holds (which I was able to do the same evening since they were scheduled back to back). I have not seen the videos ...

I do recall that I had to call his office to be "screened" for an appointment (he may not take all who call)... luckily i live in the new york area (CT) and could get here.... for those who cannot travel, I would think the video would be really good... the information is probably the same. I would prefer to do the seminars in person, so you could ask questions if you had to....

the people who attended my seminar were from all walks of life.. some had even tried back surgery and the "pain returned"... others had neck stiffness and pain... and folks like me... sciatica type pain...

I think some people can just read his books and get some benefit if they are somewhat familiar with Dr. Sarno or TMS in general... I would not have gotten as much out of things if i did not go see him myself. Frankly, I would not have believed I could be pain free..

I was only mid 40s and using a cane to walk for a while... within 3 months i took my son bowling.... and within a year was back to jogging and golfing ... etc.. and got my life back....

hope this helps a little...

CC

shawnsmith Posted - 11/28/2006 : 17:48:32
If you get the video, then watch the psychology and treatment section often. It is the exact same lecture he gives to his patients and he will not tell you any more in person than he does on the video.

Be kind and re-wind.

Best wishes.
Littlebird Posted - 11/28/2006 : 13:30:43
I don't know if you've checked out the web site where you can order the videos yet, but it's at http://www.healingbackpain.com/

There isn't a lot of description of the videos on the site, but if you haven't already seen it maybe it would be of some use. I'm thinking of ordering the videos to show to my grown children, who would not take the time to read the books.

I'd love to attend a seminar, but I'm in California. I remember reading a few comments about people finding the seminars really helpful as an addition to the books, so maybe those people will let you know how it helped. You could also search on the word seminar, but might come up with a lot of threads to read through.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000