TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS moving? Hamstring?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bhougland Posted - 11/27/2006 : 09:14:22
Hello everyone-

I have had TMS for a little while now. It first started as Prostitus, but that ended after I completed reading Sarno's Healing back pain book.

A week later I was doing some Brazilian Ju jitsu and found myself in nasty neck crank. A day later I woke up with horrible neck and right shoulder pain. After a week of pain I concluded it was TMS and a couple of months later it was about 90% gone. Mainly after reading half of Fred Amir's bok this past Thanksgiving weekend.

However, on Thanksgiving we had a backyard football game and while going out for a pass I jumped and felt a pop in the back of my hamstring. The Pain was IMMEDIATE, and I was unable to play the rest of the game. Two days later the pain is minor until I try and touch my toes or do a dead lift (basically anything that utilizes the hamstring to a large extent). There is very little if any inflamation and am wondering if this is Tms, a hamstring Pull, or if a hamstring pull is a TMS equivalent?

During the game I remembered feeling a little nervous because I was at my girlfriends house and was playing with her brother and his friends and I wanted to do well. I am a great athlete who is a little out of shape (only in conditioning)and in high school was All-State in football, and while only being 27 I was playing with 21 year olds who were playing soccer in college. The guy I was guarding was really fast and I wasn't sure I would be able to keep up with him all game. Then......POP!

I am now in limbo because I don't know if it is a legitimate injury or not and am bummed out because I was just starting an exercise routine to get back in shape. ANy advice?

Ben
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
armchairlinguist Posted - 11/27/2006 : 10:51:47
The TMS conservative approach would be to give it a few days of rest/mild activity, see if it's improving, if it is, give it another little while to heal up. If not, try applying TMS thinking and see if that helps, and if it does, go that route. Or you could rest and do TMS thinking, with the idea that you're accelerating the healing process of a mild injury by working on both issues at once -- that might be the most effective thing!

--
Wherever you go, there you are.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000