TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 More about Journaling

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ralphyde Posted - 11/25/2006 : 16:33:22
A lot of people have asked about the proper method of journaling, and I just came across this excerpt from the book, Freedom from Fibromyalgia: The 5-week Program Proven to Conquer Pain, by Nancy Selfridge, MD, and Franklynn Peterson, both authors who recovered from their fibromyalgia using Dr. Sarno's methods, as most of you know.

I was reading it on Amazon.com because someone had deleted the section in wikipedia about "Fibromyalgia as severe TMS", and I put it back with references to this book and Dr. Sarno's books.

Anyway, she has some strong rules about journaling. Here is the excerpt, on page 148:
quote:
"In order for journaling to be effective against fibromyalgia, we're going to lay down some rules that will help focus it at the right targets. Most important: Do not write about your pains and other symptoms. It's counterproductive, so we absolutely forbid it. Don't write about the temperature, what activities you've done (or left undone), what you ate, how well or poorly you slept, or what medicine you took. They all have little to do with what causes your fibromyalgia or what you can do to get rid of it. Consider all those thoughts your brain's way of distracting you from confronting the anger, grief, or shame that may be boiling up inside of you. That's what you must focus on now.

Here is the absolute bottom line: You must think about an experience that provoked enough anger that you couldn't stand to see it, feel it, or remember it. Fortunately, it is absolutely not necessary to relive or even to amicaly resolve that experience in order to purge the effects of the hidden anger and its resulting witches' brew of damaging biochemicals.

Recall our earlier discussions of where fibromyalgia comes from: those strong emotions you've stored, hidden, repressed, or avoided..."

So there it is. I hope it helps. As we know, fibromyalgia is just a severe form of TMS.

Ralph
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kilton Posted - 11/27/2006 : 17:52:41
Thanks ralphyde!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000