TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Checking in....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Baseball65 Posted - 11/18/2006 : 16:16:13
Hi everybody...wow!

Long time,Huh ?

I had to stop reading the Board for awhile,because I ended up being overloaded with info about obscure conditions which I of course immediately came down with.

Lost track..let's see...8th year pain free...Uhh.
Spent my 41st Birthday dropping into an 8' vertical bowl in the skatepark...horrible fall the first time.Pads ate the impact ,but I slid so far that my elbow was skinned to exposing the ligament and bone.

Bloody mess...none the less,I taped it up and got it on the next two tries.....VICTORY.

I had to drop out for awhile,but I know I should check in more often.

BTW that e-mail link is to my 'junkbox'..I noticed some of you had e-mailed me,but by the time I checked it it was Months later.

If you need to contact me my real e-mail is (deleted due to some good advice)
'

Hope all is well...This **** really works,100% beyond a shadow of a doubt.I don't even remember what the pain was like (at least physical pain)

peace

-Marc aka piggy
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
marytabby Posted - 11/20/2006 : 05:32:09
Hey BB, nice to hear from you. Glad you are doing well with the TMS. You were very helpful to me when I joined this forum in spring of 2005. You said I would beat this and in some ways I have. I struggle still with recurrent wrist issues and have gone back and forth with considering surgery for it but have not done it.one TMS doc said it is not TMS and another says it is. Six months and it won't give. Other than that I really got control of the back issues. I hope you check in more because you have a lot to offer newbies and veterans here alike.
MikeJ Posted - 11/20/2006 : 04:15:56
quote:
I had to stop reading the Board for awhile,because I ended up being overloaded with info about obscure conditions which I of course immediately came down with.

I know what you mean! I had to leave this board shortly after I joined last year, and it turned out to be essential to my recovery. Like one of my friend said, being busy and not allowing yourself to be absorbed by TMS is very important. Get on with your life as Sarno would say. :)
tennis tom Posted - 11/19/2006 : 19:29:16
Fun post BB. Just like the good old days. Check in from time to time when you feel like it.
Baseball65 Posted - 11/19/2006 : 16:46:43
Hilary,Stryder,T-Tom Whaaazzzzuuuuppppppp (from the beer commercial)

I haven't read the new book yet...but than again,I never got through a proper sitting of MBP...I had such a thoroughly excellent experience with HBP that it was hard to stay focused on the newer book.I HAVE read Harry Potter volumes 1-6 several times over though! I guess when the pain is gone,the urgency leaves...which is a good thing.

One other reason I..uhh...split? I noticed there was a certain member (who appears to be gone according to the member search) who was NOT cured but filled reems of forum pages with advice.I felt like he was scaring a lot of the new people...that Much work with no results?? I corresponded with one gentleman privately for about a month or two (until he was better) only under one condition...that he stay away from this board because of the wonder-healer.

Recovering from TMS is a scary thing and having all that negative stuff in your ear is like a demon(which I sometimes wonder might have been on the other end of the keyboard there?)

To any New People reading this Post: I went from useless painracked suicidal piece of **** to totally recovered,pain free hard manual laborer in 5 weeks !!! I have had relapses totaling maybe a few weeks in 8 years.

@Tom THAT is Funny!
No...I didn't run off with Dizzy Laura. Even if I was ever 'in the market', her and I would certainly NOT ever get along...I smoke,cuss,fight and neglect.I don't take my shoes off at the door.I don't own a suit or shoes that cost more than 50 bucks. I would NEVER spend 30 or 40 Grand on a Bat Mitzphah...Hell..That's a LOT of coke and Morphine!(I think you get the picture)
The one benefit I did get from our friendship was I started to treat my Own wife a lot better. I think us guys sometimes forget the little stuff that women need.I don't know what happened to her,but her horror stories benefited MY wife(to whom I have been married for 15 years....not all peas and carrots,but it was all worth it and I really love her deeply...Art's book helped a lot in repairing that relationship)

anyways..I'll try to stay current,but it's difficult reading peoples posts without aquiring their symptoms... the Nocebo is a powerful thing in my life.When people talk of their troubles I usually do the LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA that little kids do..the "I can't HEAR you!"

good to see some of the oldtimers still around.
This is a really simple deal people.Read the stuff.Do the work.Walk away a free person.

-peace

-piggy
tennis tom Posted - 11/19/2006 : 09:42:38
Nice to hear from you Baseball! I was wondering what was going on with you. Glad to hear you are still pushing the envelope. I dropped out from here myself during my "significant depression" that lasted about six months. Glad to say that after I "fixed" my life "pressures" and the KEY: returning to exercise, the depression resloved itself very rapidly.

I had images of you running off with Dizzy Laura. Whatever happened to her? Have you read Dr. Sarno's latest THE DIVIDED MIND and what do you think? I think it's his best so far in explaining psychology to the lay person.

Keep in touch, the board could use some of your dynamic, let it all hang-out energy.

Cheers Mate,
tt
HilaryN Posted - 11/19/2006 : 05:49:13
Good to hear from you, BB.

Don't post your email address here, though, or you're in danger of receiving tons of junk mail from automated tools which comb websites for email addresses.

Much better to change your profile to put your proper email address on. I think I've only had 3 or 4 spam messages that way, which isn't too bad. (That way people have to join the forum b4 they can email you so Dave can then ban them if they send you spam.)

Hilary N
Stryder Posted - 11/18/2006 : 21:04:46
He's baaaAAAAck.

Nice to hear from you Marc and that you are still doinok. Yes, I too at times have had to stay away for a while. Things have been mostly under control for the last several months. I think there was only one totally-outta-control thread that Dave had so send to the bit bucket.

TT continues to be a foundation posting member, and as you can see there are a lot of new faces in addition to many other long timers that check in from time to time.

I think Dave is considering a migration at some point to another new forum format, possibly a format where additional moderators can help out with the work load here.

See ya later, gater. -Stryder

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000