TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Frustrated with sciatica

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kevin t Posted - 11/17/2006 : 09:11:45
Ok so, my sciatica, is still here.No pain above my waist AT ALL but sciatica,CONSTANT.Yes I keep thinking something is wrong with me physically.No,the pain isnt moving.Yes I can sit for hours,but its hurts every step of the way.Pins and needles at the bottom of my feet,mostly the left.I stand up,it recedes.Isit down it comes on.I know that some of the sciatica is going away ,but good lord I want to go get a nerve imaging study so bad just to know.I have no symptoms at all when I sleep.I did when this latest "flareup" came along 4 months ago,but nowadays I sleep with no drugs and feel NOTHING.As soon as I wake up its there.CURIOUS HUH?
I know we talk about hidden rage and anxiety,but good lord my "rage" is because the feelings wont go away.Its all day, never quits,pins and needles here,pain feeling there,blah blah blah, sorry for venting but Im frustrated as all hell.
I realise Im new to this ,its just so frustrating because I saw REAL improvemnt using Dr Sarnos theories,but this sciatica crap is holding on like a MOTHER****ER.YARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Suz Posted - 11/22/2006 : 10:38:43
KT,

i also wanted to mention that I got it in both legs all the time - all over - front/back - everywhere.

Why - I was engaged to a man that I did not love and did not want to think about it.

I am a perfectionist who puts a lot of pressure on myslef and I have a very stressful job.

Suz Posted - 11/22/2006 : 10:36:17
KT,
This is good old fahioned TMS. I had sciatica for 12 years until I saw Sarno. Everything i did was painful - walking, sitting, lying down - it would come and go at night time. I also had lots of numbness, tingling and sometimes burhing. Why - that is all oxygen deprivation - Ischemia. It is ABSOLUTELY HARMLESS. It is your brain causing it

and let me tell you, my friend, your brain is doing a very nice job with you - it has you right where it wants you. In FEAR. The fear perpetuates it because you still think it is physical.

IT IS NOT STRUCTURAL. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH YOU.

Why on earth don't you have the pain at night??? I know you know this makes no sense. This is a very big clue for you to start accepting this as TMS.

Do not think about your leg - any single time you feel the pain - and that may be all the time - you need to think about your life. You need to think psychologically.

What is going on with your life. Your job, your relationships? Is there anything you will not face?

so - that means every time and I mean EVERY TIME, you feel the pain, think about something bothering you in your life.

You take control - you and not your brain. Tell you brain to go %(%*(%&(% itself. Actually - it is much better to laugh at your brain.
It's tricks are ridiculous. You can challenge it if you want, tell it to really bring on the pain - I loved to do that. My brain gave up after a while.

Now - I HAVE NO PAIN.
Singer_Artist Posted - 11/21/2006 : 17:38:22
KT,
I am sooo sorry to hear of your suffering and boy can i relate..My neck is still bad as you know..but there has been improvement in some ways..Last summer I was a mess..Bed ridden for months in fact..I had injuries too, years ago..but the only thing I did b4 the onset of the newest severe symptoms was bend over to pick up an ice pack off of my knee! Something big time emotional went on in my family just the day b4, hmmm..what a coincidence..As Dr. S.points out..even the femur, the largest bone in the human body heals completely in 6-8 weeks when broken..The body is an amazing HEALING machine that God created! Sooo...my suspicion is that it is TMS, indeed..As Dr. S. says in his dvd lecture tapes we can get pain/symptoms of varying degrees from the top of our head to the bottom of our toes! Hope this helps in some way..Feel better!
Karen
kevin t Posted - 11/21/2006 : 16:57:17
Sorry...I meant to say sciatica usually runs in ONE leg. My bad and excuse me for the constant posts, Im on drugs right now for pain. Dont mean to be annoying. Im just on fire every day from the waist down and its so hard to just "push through".
kevin t Posted - 11/21/2006 : 16:40:56
And also I wanted to add. Sciatica usually runs in both legs and is pronunced in the sciatic nerve. This crap is in every region of both legs, front and back, to each foot.Sometimes even my groin. I have never even heard of someone with sciatica this broad based. COULD TMS CAUSE THIS MANY PARTS TO BE AFFECTED? If so, than I have a severe case of TMS.
kevin t Posted - 11/21/2006 : 16:28:13
I listen to his audio book "healing back pain" almost every day. I saw many things about myself in his books. I have a histroy of Psychosomatic issues. I have a history of OCD and anxiety too. My pain isnt in my back. The only pain in my back is a stinging pain in my disc.I have had 2 months of massage therapy, decompression therapy,e stim,EVRY DAY for my recent "flare up". 4 months ago I could hardly walk, and crawled sometimes around the house. The therapy that they did on me helped a lot. They found HUGE knots in almost every muscle in my leg. There was a six inch long knot in my left calve, and my calve was flacid and noticeably atrophied. It look half a s big as my right calf. The worked on me daily and my massage therapist said there were knots every around my glutes, hips,legs, EVRYWHERE. Yes I felt them too, I even saw two sticking out of my right calf like tumors.The whole staff was amazed at my ,muscles and trigger points. They worked and worked on me till they came out.

I had to stop the therapy though cuz of money, but Im still left with the pain. It doesnt fit any mode of "sciatica", for the pain is EVERYWHERE in EVRY quadrant of BOTH legs. Sometimes it moves legs but mostly not.Its like fire in my legs for 5 months. And yes, Originally this WAS an injury 5 years ago. I tried to stop a 11,000 pound pipe with my hands, in a steel mill I worked at. And the instant that happened I felt shooting down my right leg.

Now here I am 5 years later and its in both legs for 5 months now after going away for 2 1/2 years. So here I am doing the TMS work because I literally ran out of options.

So you tell me???? TMS??? I have no clue but Ive seen "improvement". But the pain is chronic and EVERYWHERE below my waist.
Stryder Posted - 11/21/2006 : 14:21:20
Hi kevin t,

Which books of Dr. Sarno have you read so far? Did you see yourself as you read thru the pages?

Take care, -Stryder
throwin Posted - 11/21/2006 : 13:38:14
Kevin,
Your experience mirrors mine! Mine is the right side. After living with this pain for 6 months I finally got approved for an MRI tonight. I will let you know how it turns out.
I often wonder if this is TMS because the pain DOES NOT move. I've had mild pain IN THE SAME PLACE for 15 years! Just recently it got worse with pins in my foot!
Littlebird Posted - 11/18/2006 : 01:05:27
Dr. Sarno doesn't rule out having testing done, so if you feel strongly about having it done then maybe that would help you to decide if this is a psychological thing or not. The one thing that can be sort of bad about testing is that there are physical conditions which don't necessarily cause the pain, but doctors blame the pain on those conditions, so after testing you could still end up feeling like you don't know for sure whether to view it as physical or psychological. Before I learned about TMS I had a nerve conduction test done in an effort to explain my symptoms, but it was normal, which was good to hear.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000