TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 when have you " overdone it "?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
symphonic Posted - 11/15/2006 : 21:33:23
Hi everyone.

A nice gesture from Mike and his recent post have persuaded me to ask you all more questions when I'm so inclined, so here I am.

Since finding out about TMS, I'm wondering what people (especially those with hand symptoms) think amounts to overuse... and how long any real muscle soreness or irritation tend to last when you do over do it.

I'm asking because I was a really close to postings on the Forum about my progress before a recent flareup. I'd fought off a rash (thanks for support there) and was back to doing push-ups. I'd even stepped on to the tennis court a couple of times, which was huge since tennis was a big part of my initial trigger. On my third time out I played for what may have been too long-two hours-and either that much play, or my belief that it was too much, led to a flareup...

That was two weeks ago. Since then I've given some "just in case" nursing, but I would think that by now any damage should be healed, if any did occur. Of course the next day I had a meeting about arranging my honours project to return to university next year - which is enormous emotionally. And in those two weeks my girlfriend has dealt in a pretty big way with her abusive childhood, and my parents have almost split up...

Time to challenge the pain?

I am interested to hear any stories of "overdoing it" and successful counter-attacks against the tms. Please share!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wavy Soul Posted - 11/17/2006 : 00:42:55
Part of my alleged "fibromyalgia" (which is the classic all-inclusive version of TMS) was that I couldn't exercise too much without more pain. And the story was that too LITTLE exercise built up pain, too. What a nightmare.

Since TMSing, the way I deal with muscle pain from working out at the gym is by going back to the gym and working out some more. Although I'm in desperate tooth pain awaiting 16 crowns, I can barely remember what muscle pain felt like! Btw, I am a slender woman - the type who has always done things like yoga and tai chi rather than muscle-woman stuff. But not any more. Don't nobody give me no ****, okay?

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
symphonic Posted - 11/16/2006 : 20:54:03
It's interesting. It's almost like I consciously forgot that I was going to have an emotionally taxing week, and managed to provide my unconscious with a convincing trigger... makes me wonder whether it was a coincidence. There was no need to play so much! I've noticed that I find it hard to stop exercising before I'm in pain. It definitely is a good distraction.
armchairlinguist Posted - 11/16/2006 : 12:07:27
Minor muscle soreness should be mostly gone in 2-3 days, maybe a week at most.

It's quite hard to overdo at the computer, if you are worried about that.

I would guess your "overdoing" was a TMS recurrence. It sounds like you are going through a lot right now -- I hope you are able to explore and process your feelings successfully. You are thinking psychologically and that's the key.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Redsandro Posted - 11/16/2006 : 11:39:04
I'm not the person to tell you a conquerstory (yet) but I've overdone my share of muscle things.

When I lift heavy weights, it can ache about 3 days.
When I run more then my condition sees fit, my legs hurt for 5 days.
When I had a recent nerve inflammation after overusing my arms severely, the pain went away in 15 days.

Finally, Sarno sais if you break your biggest bone, the pelvis one, it heals in 6 weeks. It's no muscle, but I think it illustrates internal healing speed. Anything lasting longer may be concidered TMS in my opinion. But pherhaps others think different?

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000