TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 success beating dizziness w/ TMS work?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
chingborden Posted - 11/13/2006 : 16:50:01
I am in the midst of fighting off a 6+ month Hell with dizziness/being off balance among other TMS symptoms. Yes, things have improved greatly since I lost my fear and began battling my unconsious and getting out those deep dark emotions. I just would love to hear some success stories to give me hope of really ending this thing. I was also diagnosed with TMJ a while back (which I was told was the cause of the dizziness)and was wearing a mouth splint for the last three months. I just took it out for the first time last night and now have ear pain and am fighting to hold onto the "I am normal" mantra right now and not let this ear pain thing (and fear that not treating my TMJ will increase my dizziness again) scare me back into the mouth splint.
Thanks,
Courtney

chingborden
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Wrow99 Posted - 11/17/2006 : 08:50:16
Hi Courtney,

After my other TMS type symptoms (back/chest pain) disappeared, I had about 8-10 weeks of dizziness. It was more of a scary off-balance feeling like the world was tilting 24x7. My doctor couldn't find anything wrong and tried some anti-vertigo meds which did nothing. So I did the typical TMS work of focusing on things that might be bothering me and trying to convince myself that there was nothing physically wrong with me. I stopped worrying about it (easier said than done) and the dizziness slowly subsided over a course of 2-3 weeks.

I think the worst part of this (and all other TMS type symptoms) is the fear that it will be will you forever and something is really wrong. For me it's a huge feeling of relief when the symptom wanes, even for a day or two, because it really helps to prove that it's not something physically wrong.
Jim1999 Posted - 11/16/2006 : 23:07:31
Courtney,

You might want to take a look at these previous threads on dizziness. Some people have recovered from it by treating it as a TMS equivalent:

Jim

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000