TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 HOLY...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Avenger Posted - 11/11/2006 : 02:13:14
O - M - F - G

I ****ING LOVE SARNO I WANT TO SUCK HIS @#$! HE IS MY ****ING IDOL THIS ****ING PAIN ****ED UP MY LIFE AND I HAD NO IDEA HOW TO BATTLE IT, I TRIED EVERY APPROACH, I KNEW IT WAS PSYCHOSOWAIT.. ok, let me calm down. whew. Look, I have been battling this **** for like two years and had frustrating feelings i was so full of rage and anger I was so goddamn pissed, and I knew it was psychosomatic I just didn't know how to tackle it, I tried every possible thing. Now the only thing I want to say is SARNO IS A GODDAMN GENIUS, I ****ing swear, Sarno made a goddamn revolution, not only did he link psychological disorders with physical pain HE FOUND OUT THE HOW TO TREAT THE PAIN AS WELL. WTF is he? a goddamn wizard?! and everyone can do it! He inspires me as hell. I just recently found out about it, and I concentrated on something I read in Wikipedia (I didn't buy the book, I will buy it probably at a later stage of my life though):
The remaining steps include firstly "Repudiate the physical and acknowledge the psychological aspect" which includes moving around and resuming normal activity as much as you can bear, without worrying about "re-injury" (easier said than done). With TMS the only thing wrong with your back is that it hurts. Secondly "Drive the concept to your unconscious" by repeatedly focusing on exactly what your unconscious mind is attempting to repress - the sources of your anger.
And I can see I am on my way to healing just by understanding that miserable paragraph. ****ing AMAZING?
I'm so ****ing lucky I grew up in the internet era.
p.s I'm sorry for the curses and bad English I'm just sooooooooooo excited.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Redsandro Posted - 11/16/2006 : 11:05:35
I like the hard printed books because I can read 'em while traveling by train and because e-books and RSI don't mix well. Also, usually when a book enters the e-book world, it'll become freeware in a less legal way. Apart from that, I can see the advantages though.

tennis tom Posted - 11/16/2006 : 10:00:57
Thanks for the credit Jim . The useful thing about the e-book versions of Dr. Sarno's books is the word search tool. It is much more comprehensive then the hard-books's index. For instance when I searched for the word "hip" in the e-book I got many more references to hip than in the paper book version. One of the down sides is I can't read it in the hot-tub.

I believe it cost me $9.99 for the e-book and I've still got it on my lap-top's desktop from several years ago.

HEALING BACKPAIN and the MINDBODY PRESCRIPTION are out on e-books. I tried to find his latest book THE DIVIDED MIND
but it is not yet out.

I tried to communicate with two companies who "publish" e-books but they aren't into "communicating" with their customers. They don't reveal phone numbers and don't respond to e-mails, (the a-hole new age busineses model I guess).

Obviously paper versions of new books would take priority to e-books that are much cheaper but it would be nice to know when they intend to roll it out. If anyone knows how to communicate with e-book publishers and when THE DIVIDED MIND will roll out it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
tt
Jim1999 Posted - 11/15/2006 : 22:55:06
You're welcome, Mike and Avenger. I was also unaware of the availability of electronic versions until Tennis Tom mentioned it in an earlier thread.

Jim
Avenger Posted - 11/15/2006 : 03:59:42
quote:
Originally posted by Jim1999

quote:
Originally posted by Avenger

Buying the TMS book will take a couple of weeks to arrive (I live in Israel)

Avenger,

If you don't want to wait for shipping, you can buy electronic versions of some of Dr. Sarno's books here: http://www.ebooks.com/.

Jim

Thanks Jim.
MikeJ Posted - 11/15/2006 : 01:34:53
Jim, that's an excellent suggestion. I wasn't aware the Mind body connection was available an ebook format.

Jim1999 Posted - 11/14/2006 : 23:04:30
quote:
Originally posted by Avenger

Buying the TMS book will take a couple of weeks to arrive (I live in Israel)

Avenger,

If you don't want to wait for shipping, you can buy electronic versions of some of Dr. Sarno's books here: http://www.ebooks.com/.

Jim
kevin t Posted - 11/14/2006 : 03:17:47
Yeah,I agree Dr.Sarno may be my new YODA figure if this all pans out.Then I might ask him to adopt me as a 32 year old.
Avenger Posted - 11/13/2006 : 21:05:54
Ok I'm less enthusiastic than before. I'm pretty upset cause something very annoying happened to me today (extremely annoying) which is in part my fear of not being the best as you TMSers might guess.
What amazes me is that TMS is not pseudoscience and ****, it's the real deal. Before I got introduced to TMS I went through mostly NLP and Buddhism, I must say NLP didn't help me all too much although it might be of use when you are not as uptight as me. However, when it comes to Buddhism, I found a real gem, but it is a bit drastic:) Other than that, I'm not fully recovered, as a matter of fact, I haven't recovered at all - I just understand what exactly is happening. There is no way someone could recover after two years of excruciating TMS pain in just a couple of reads. Geophysically speaking, all of the disturbances are in my back, feels like someone is burning my back with a flamethrower, and it is especially out of control around people (I learned a lot of psychology due to that, I thought I have social anxiety, shyness disorder, manic depression, etc etc.. It took me a lot of reading, figuring out and constant searching). When I was younger I was diagnosed with having ADD, which might make TMS harder to overcome. During the two-to-three years I dealt with the suffering I pretty much ****ed up a lot in my life; Basically, I failed some matriculations and all in all, I experienced tons of embarrassments.

I heard Dr. Shechter (That's his name right?) podcasts, and read some TMS material over the web, used the links found in Wikipedia; I'm pretty sure I have it where I want it to be, and I believe the TMS mechanism wholeheartedly (it makes perfect sense), nevertheless, buying the TMS book will take a couple of weeks to arrive (I live in Israel) and it will add to the embarrassment I already have, I know you guys might say it's crucial to have it, but it only serves the purpose of accepting the TMS mechanism, understanding it is easy, believing it is the hard part.

drziggles - You're absolutely right! I did search where Sarno points at, I mean not bullseye, but I did scrabble some harsh past and explored feelings.

MikeJ - Haha! I'll kiss Sarno right now if I'd see him.
MikeJ Posted - 11/13/2006 : 10:01:46
That's great! Congratulation on your recovery! It's very encouraging to know there are people who can recover by simply reading information freely available online. Sometimes you just need to hear it a certain way and it makes all the difference.

This thread is the best endorsement Dr. Sarno could ever have. Someone should point him to this thread. haha :-)
drziggles Posted - 11/13/2006 : 08:48:48
That's awesome! BTW, your English is great, and you curse like a professional American sailor... If you got better just from reading that paragraph, then you should give yourself some credit as well; you clearly knew what was going on at some level, and just needed the slightest push in the right direction to take advantage of it.

Reading the book is recommended, however, because symptoms can recur and/or move around, and full knowledge of TMS is helpful to tackle that stuff.

We'd be interested in hearing more about your SuccessStory:!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000