TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dr Schechter's CDs Review

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
floorten Posted - 10/18/2006 : 08:56:45
Dr Schechter does a 3 CD set called "The MindBody Audio Program". You can find it fairly cheaply on Amazon.

The first thing I noticed about these CDs, especially the first one, which is his monthly group lecture, is that they've been rather poorly digitally treated for background noise.

They've added a noise gate to cut out background noise, but it's far too vicious, and sometimes chops the start and ends of words off, making Dr Schechter sound strangely robotic!

Anyway, if you can get past this flaw, the CDs themselves are full of great material.

The first CD is the lecture he gives to his TMS patients initially after diagnosis. It's a comprehensive and scientific round-up of all the evidence pointing to the existence of TMS. I think he's done a superb job here, and it's something I wouldn't be at all ashamed to share with my own Doctor, as he talks very authoritatively and medically on the topic.

The second CD is information about diagnosis and treatment. It doesn't contain a step-by-step plan, unlike Dr Brady's work, but it does talk in general about different factors and approaches that have helped his patients. It also contains one case-study live interview, which although doesn't go into too much depth, was still interesting to hear, if only to reinforce what we know already. It also contained a couple of new treatment ideas which I hadn't encountered before in any of the Sarno/Brady material.

The third CD is an interview with a psychiatrist that Dr Schechter works with. I found this more interesting than the second CD. They cover about 8 different cases and point out the difficulties and symptoms that each patient had, and how they were able to overcome them. All good inspiring stuff, and worth listening to several times to hammer home the message that there are real people out there like you having success healing.

All in all, I would rate this set 4 out of 5 stars.
Pro: Good material, and it's accessible and scientific, so you could use these CDs as a good introduction to TMS for your friends, family or doctor. Reasonably priced.
Contra: Sound quality is irritating at first. No specific step-by-step treatment plan. Case studies don't got into as much detail as I'd like.

--
"What the Thinker thinks, the Prover proves."
Robert Anton Wilson

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000