TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Herniated Disc for Randy Johnson

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave Posted - 09/29/2006 : 15:24:25
42 year old pitcher with high expectations and underperformance gets shelled in an outing.

Said pitcher comes down with "back spasms" the next day.

Said pitcher is diagnosed with a herniated disc on MRI.

Good thing, said pitcher now has a good excuse to not perform well in the post season, or to not pitch at all.

I would not be surprised if on the other side of town, Pedro Martinez' injuries are also due to TMS. An MRI diganosed a torn tendon in the opposite leg than the one that he was complaining about. How bizarre is that...
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tennis tom Posted - 10/02/2006 : 01:14:56
Here's a link for those with an astrological bent in regards to the Big Unit's perfectionism:

http://www.stariq.com/Main/Articles/P0001178.HTM
tennis tom Posted - 10/01/2006 : 10:06:16
He should have never gotten his haricut! Being under the microscope of the NY media wouldn't help anyone's TMS either.

http://www.answers.com/topic/randy-johnson
Dave Posted - 10/01/2006 : 09:07:08
quote:
Originally posted by atg

Randy Johnson was MVP of the most pressure-filled World Series in recent memory in 2001.

No offense, but playing for the Yankees brings a whole different kind of pressure, not to mention the stress of aging and being forced to accept that your body does not allow you to pitch the way you used to. That has to be tough for any top athelete.

As for Penny, since I'm a Mets fan, I hope he doesn't learn about Sarno in the next few days ;-)
atg Posted - 09/30/2006 : 17:34:44
Dave,
Randy Johnson was MVP of the most pressure-filled World Series in recent memory in 2001. Randy Johnson has had back problems before, and I would imagine that any disc herniations shown on the MRI were not present or less pronounced than in previous MRIs.

I would be more likely to suspect that Brad Penny's recent back problems were a TMS manifestation, especially since he has experienced 3 different injuries over the past 3 years:

"Stan Johnston, the Dodgers' trainer, revealed Friday that Penny was diagnosed with what he called a "slight bulge" in two disks several months ago. After Penny complained of back spasms in April and May, Johnston said the Dodgers sent him for an MRI examination that showed "normal wear and tear that everybody has" and "nothing pressing on any nerves."

At the time, the Dodgers put Penny on an exercise program to strengthen the back muscles, and Johnston said the discomfort did not return until Penny's previous two starts."

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000