TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Informal Research! Did you have colic?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JaneLeslie Posted - 09/27/2006 : 17:39:05
I am curious about how many of us with TMS-induced pain problems might have had "colic" as babies. I apparently had bad colic, whereas my sibs did not, and I have a pain problem (but my sibs don't.) Some babies are easily over-stimulated and others aren't.

Colic is now understood as being the infant's way of dealing with nervous system discharge! It is the nervous system's way of unloading itself of stress. Isn't it interesting that as babies we instinctively knew what to do---scream it off/out! Where did that wisdom go???

Just wondering.

Jane
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Littlebird Posted - 09/28/2006 : 15:26:06
Well, I posted on the other thread, but I guess I'll put it here too. I did have colic. My older brother (10 years older) tells me I cried so much he'd literally have to take me out of the house because our mother would be seriously threatening to kill me and he believed she might.

To carry over another thought from the other thread, I started reading "Freedom from Fibromyalgia" and found it mentions that most of Dr. Selfridge's Fibro patients were also more sensitive than the average person to surroundings and to the emotions of other people. This book mentions another book called "The Highly Sensitive Person," by Elaine Aron, Ph.D. I read that one several years ago, but forgot that it mentioned physical pain as being more common in people who are more sensitive than average.

I don't consider my sensitivity to my surroundings to be much more than a mild annoyance most of the time, but the sensitivity to the emotions of others really gets me stressed out. When I read Dr. Sarno's insights on the goodist type of personality that really resonated with me.

Yesterday I was invited to one of those parties where you buy things and I thought I wanted to go, but as the time approached I developed intense pain in my shoulders and arms. After thinking about what might be bothering me, I realized that the real reason I was going was just to make the friend hosting the party happy. I decided I'd really rather do some things at home, even if it meant disappointing my friend, so that's what I did and the shoulder pain quickly went away.

Corey

Penny Posted - 09/28/2006 : 15:16:30
I had colic. I love your "interesting" note ... yes it is! Somewhere along the road my internal wisdom became lost ... but it's all coming back to me.

>|< Pen

Non illigitamus carborundum.
turtle23 Posted - 09/28/2006 : 12:38:16
Just a quick response to your poll - nope, I didn't have colic. Supposedly, I was a happy baby. I could be an exception to this theory though.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000