TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Accident

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wrldtrv Posted - 09/22/2006 : 21:47:31
I was sitting in a cafe this morning reading The Divided Mind. I had just gotten done reading about whiplashes, among other conditions. Then, I left and was driving away when I was rear-ended by another car. I and the other driver were fine, though his car was probably totaled and had to be towed away. Mine suffered moderate damage.

I have a few observations about this incident as related to TMS. First, I was uncharacteristically calm and relaxed throughout the incident and the rest of the day. In fact, I have been rather cheerful. I remembered reading in the hypertension chapter of TDM a few days earlier that repressors, those that seem to come through trauma w/out stress are the ones to keep an eye on because they will tend to repress their true feelings and then manifest them in physical symptoms. I doubted this applied to me since my reaction today was not characteristic, but it had me wondering why I was so relaxed about it. Maybe I just felt extremely lucky to come out of it w/out a scratch (the other driver too).

Second, everybody I told about it all asked me how my neck felt. The world is so programmed to think that if you are in that type of accident you must have sustained a whiplash. When I said I was competely fine, they seemed surprised. After hearing the same response all day I almost felt like I was suppose to go along with some sort of expectation, eg rear-end accidents = whiplash. I even began questioning whether I was REALLY okay. I reviewed the accident many times in my mind and it was clear; the impact didn't feel that bad. My head didn't even move much during the impact.

I can see how easy it is for people w/out a TMS worldview to buy into the negative programming out there.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dave Posted - 09/23/2006 : 09:20:39
quote:
Originally posted by wrldtrv

Second, everybody I told about it all asked me how my neck felt.

In our society there is a secondary reason for that.

If you were so inclined, you could have claimed whiplash, found a chiropractor to back up your claim with fancy x-rays and reports, and sued the other driver.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000