TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Seeking TMS practitioner in Boston

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mps Posted - 09/21/2006 : 15:36:36
I was wondering if anyone could recommend a TMS practitioner in the Boston area. Has anyone had experience with Alexander Angelov?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JaneLeslie Posted - 09/23/2006 : 19:11:26
I will be happy to tell you once I get started. The electrodes are on your forehead, not pelvis. It is more than just putting someone in an Alpha state. Apparently what this practitioner does is use "normal" EEG's as a baseline and then will look at mine and try to make mine more like the baseline, more or less. I just had the baseline done the other day; no treatment yet.

I will keep you posted Curiosity. I.C. is very common in fibromyalgia and I have had it for years, off and on. I am just starting on this journey, but I find Brady more helpful in understanding fibro than Sarno. Sarno barely talked about it, just said it was a complicated form of TMS. I am now able to "manipulate" the pain a bit. Brady has people do this as an exercise. Try "moving" the pain out of your pelvis and "will" another part of your body to get the pain. It is fascinating.

Jane
Curiosity18 Posted - 09/23/2006 : 11:15:43
JaneLeslie,

I would be really interested in hearing how the biofeedback helps your TMS symptoms, particularly the cystitis. one of my doctors (not a TMS doctor) also recommend it for me, but I've been mainly working (and struggling) with the Sarno approach for this issue. Do you know if it is to help your brain relax into an alpha state, or is it applied directly to the muscles around your pelvis? In any case, I wish you the best, and would really like to hear about your progress.

Curiosity
JaneLeslie Posted - 09/22/2006 : 12:02:22
Hi,
I recently was diagnosed with TMS by the very same physician you are speaking of, Jay Rosenfeld. He is on Cape Cod and his number is 508-833-4160. I had seen him years ago for the same troubles I still have (interstitial cystitis, back/neck pain, IBS, etc.) and tried to learn the concepts back then but was not receptive enough. When I went back this time I was ready to do battle and have started Dr.Brady's program. Dr. R. didn't recommend Brady per se, he is more a Sarno person I guess, but for some reason I find Brady accessible and AOS is basically TMS with another name.

He also thought that biofeedback might be useful for some of us because we have very overactive nervous systems. I am going to start the biofeedback training soon although my hunch is that that may be nice for learning to relax but I will need to continue to do the TMS work or I will not get fully better.

Interestingly, when he diagnosed TMS my brain decided to pour on the pain just to mess me up! That tells me it has to be TMS!

Good Luck. I like Dr. Rosenfeld and if enough of us TMS people go to him I would love to start a support group for folks that live around me on Cape Cod.

Jane

tennis tom Posted - 09/22/2006 : 09:39:33
Thanks Allan for supplying the tarpit info. I'm on a roadtrip and and don't check-in too regularly. What's interesting is that almost every doctor who uses TMS in their practice went to Sarno to learn from him. I believe many of them had their own TMS symptoms.

It shows the possible need for those who can't shake the TMS gremlin on their own to make the extra effort to journey to a TMS practitoner to get them over the hump. Dr. Sarno, unfortunately only accepts patients from the NY area.
Allan Posted - 09/22/2006 : 09:19:33
Dr. Jay Rosenfeld is a doctor in the Sandwich, MA area and is listed at tarpityoga.com as a TMS doctor. I went to him when I had a back pain problem. After reviewing MRI's and taking my history he diagnosed TMS. Although he is a practicing doctor, he probably would be happy to see you for a consultation and provide you with some general guidance. He worked with Sarno in NYC.

His email is jrosenfeld@adelphia.net

Allan.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000