TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Allergies???? what is this about?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Suz Posted - 09/20/2006 : 08:08:29
Hey all,
I have been battling my food allergies and definitely have made headway. I am much more relaxed about eating sugar adn carbs and have been ignoring my skin breakouts.

Interesting development - i have also been experiencing some new stress in my relationship wiht my boyfriend and my job has been extra challenging. I seem to have started sneezing and am very congested. I know that "allergies" are a popular condition here and am wandering if this is what is going on. I may just have a nasty cold because I feel like I have been run over by a truck. My skin has suddenly never looked clearer. I am wondering if my brain has picked a new place.

What are the symptoms of allergies? How does one know if this is a cold or allergies? I would like to ignore my symptoms but feel quite awful
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Suz Posted - 09/20/2006 : 10:12:57
Thanks Dave. I think it might be a cold - just a good, old fashioned cold! What I do think is that the added stress of issues wiht the new boyfriend (I think he might drink too much) brought my immune system down - therefore making me susceptible to a virus. This always seems to be the case with me. I only seem to get sick when I have had a lot of stress - manifesting in fear or resentment
Dave Posted - 09/20/2006 : 09:33:18
Maybe you have a cold. Remember, everything is not TMS :)

My allergy symptoms were itchy, watery eyes and runny nose. Different allergens produce different types of symptoms. My trigger was always ragweed, which is predominant here in the northeast towards the end of the summer.

Interestingly I have not had any problem with allergies since learning about TMS.

If you are truly suffering there is no harm in taking medicine for the symptoms. If you are congested, pseudophedrine is the ticket. Otherwise there are many antihistamines depending on whether you want to feel sleepy (Benadryl) or not (Claritin). The generics are just as good.
ndb Posted - 09/20/2006 : 09:13:34
Hi Suz,

Congrats on the progress with food.

It sounds very much to me like your brain found a new place. I do have allergies as a TMS equivalent. I feel sensitive to cold, and I catch colds easily. I think then, even after the cold has gone away (give it a week), I have congestion, runny nose and/or a sore throat. What I tend to do is drink something called Thera-Flu (its a concoction of acetaminophen and some antihistamines in liquid form) a couple of times during the day to feel better and try to go about my work if I can.

So give the cold a couple of days to die down, and take a day off if you're feeling absolutely terrible. But after that, just ignore.

So to be clearer...sometimes, its just allergies, like by pollen or dust (though still a TMS symptom), and sometimes, you catch a cold (also possibly more easily because of TMS) so there is an infection which must go away, but you have cold symptoms even afterwords.

Feel better soon,
ndb

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000