TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Looking for help in North Carolina

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainFreeinNC Posted - 09/19/2006 : 11:24:46
I've embraced the diagnosis, I have had successes, setbacks, steps forward and steps back. Sarno's tremendous work has opened my eyes and I will be eternally grateful for the day I picked up "Healing Back Pain". I feel 75% healed and I desperately want to conquer this condition and banish it from me forever and I will do whatever it takes to be 100%.

My life is getting better every day. I just met a wonderful woman, a new business venture is getting off the ground, and I cannot possibly allow the pain of TMS to slow me down now, life is too good.

My question is does anyone know where in the Charlotte, NC area I can contact a Doctor, support group, etc. to discuss TMS, fully embrace it, and beat it into submission?

I'm about to just make an appointment with some random psychologist but I would be grateful if anyone knew of a place where I could get help in a manner that more specifically addresses the TMS condition.

I so much appreciate any help in this matter.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PainFreeinNC Posted - 09/19/2006 : 13:40:24
quote:
Originally posted by Penny

The stress--although happy and exciting--of your new business and relationship could be causing your TMS to stick around. (Your subconscious may be agitated by these successes. I'm not saying get rid of them, but just keep that in mind.) Keep talking to your symptoms and press on and ignore the pain.

That's most likely very true but also a prime reasons why I am motivated like never before to finally beat this affliction and put it in my rear view mirror. As these good things happen in my life I become even more sensitive to the pitfalls of TMS, the better life gets, the more important it is to keep it away. So many times in the past TMS has sabotaged the important endeavors in my life (business, personal relationships) and these two are so important and long in coming that I refuse to let it happen again. I just found this forum today (in my search for local help) and I think it will become somewhat of "support group" as you say.

Just typing for the sake of let my consciousness stream, I do think that I have some personal demons that must be exorcised before I fully return to my self. The fact that I worry TMS will creep back into my life indicates to me a sense of inferiority that I must come to terms with in order to completely heal. Therefore, I think it's time to find a therapist to listen to the multitude of layers that is my psyche.

In the meantime I will be here quite a bit in the future, thanks for all your help and I look forward to helping others any way I can.
Penny Posted - 09/19/2006 : 13:17:33
I'm in NC and haven't found a TMS doctor. This forum has become my support group--available 24/7.

I did telephone interviews of psychotherapists and found one who believes the body and illness is influenced by the mind. PsychoT has been just one tool in my personal TMS recovery kit, but re-reading every book (including Brady's new one--Pain-free for Life), reading old posts here, listening to others stories http://podolsky.everybody.org/rsi/audio/ , journaling, and repudiating all my lab and bone tests, have been the most instrumental in my progress. The biggest of all these is time.

TMS isn't something that we can hurry up and get well from, as I'm sure you know. It's a process. Everyone makes their own recovery path, but for many of us, it doesn't happen overnight. The fact that you are 75% better means whatever you've been doing thus far is working.

The stress--although happy and exciting--of your new business and relationship could be causing your TMS to stick around. (Your subconscious may be agitated by these successes. I'm not saying get rid of them, but just keep that in mind.) Keep talking to your symptoms and press on and ignore the pain.

Good luck and welcome to the Get Well Club!

>|< Penny

Non illigitamus carborundum.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000