TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 severe tmj for a year now!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
donia Posted - 09/18/2006 : 02:38:06
i need help from those who have this condition as a main problem with also fibromyalgia and neck herniation ,yes all of them are my problem it is very complex i can not solve one without dealing with the rest, now if i can choose which one i need most to be treated i will directly choose the tmj and the face pain but the doctors say it is complicated becuse the fibro and the disc in the neck affect on each others.
so how i can apply tms to all of these alltogether especially the face area very very difficult i tried but no way the neck pain will increase and the face will be tight and the flare of the fibro will start again so it is not easy to deal with the tmj as a tms at all it is very complicated area
any one here have it like real one like toooooooooo much pain and does not talk or eat and unable to even cry because of the muscles does not work in the face?
please tell how to do it in this very critical area from the body that can not even rest it even while sleeping or while thinking
thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
armchairlinguist Posted - 09/19/2006 : 11:01:29
donia,

You are missing one of the major points of TMS theory: it does not matter which specific physical symptoms you have. TMJ is documented by Sarno as a TMS equivalent. If you believe you have TMS, anyone on this board can help you follow the main points of the treatment:

1. Do not believe the physical diagnosis (TMJ, Fibro, neck herniation). These are not the real problem. This is why it doesn't matter whether you talk to someone with TMJ or not. Although there are plenty of people on the board who were diagnosed with fibro!
2. Uncover the psychological factors that are behind the pain -- unconscious anger, sadness, etc.
3. Resume normal activity gradually, as you feel comfortable.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
donia Posted - 09/19/2006 : 00:37:18
hi thanks to all of u and sorry for this messy messege .i want real storeis and real peoble who have the tmj to talk together and help each other for how we can start the hard work in this area from the head near to the mind so any adivce any comments are welcome
donia
FlyByNight Posted - 09/18/2006 : 14:30:21
Donia,

I live the exact same thing. Jaw and neck muscles are very closely related. Some neck muscles are implicated in the mastication process.

My guess would be that the pain you have in your neck may not be due to your hernia but to the fact that your have TMJ (which is TMS in major cases according to my TMS doc). Your pain in the neck might only be a prolongation of your TMJ-TMS. Well this is what I do believe in my case. By the way, eye muscles are also related to neck muscles, so if you begin to feel stiff in the eye er have pain there ... it can also be the same TMS attack doing its nasty work.

I would forget about the hernia and address the pain in neck and jaw as a single thing.

Hope this helps.
Dave Posted - 09/18/2006 : 08:08:12
Try to re-read your message as someone else, from an outsider's perspective. You will see someone who is very obsessed with the symptoms.

Susie is right, you cannot focus at all on the symptoms if you want to treat them as TMS.

You seem to have a great fear that pain in other areas of your body will increase if you "decide to fight" the TMJ pain. The fear is a symptom as well, in some cases worse than the pain itself.

You cannot treat the pain as TMS if in your mind you feel it is due to fibromyalgia and neck herniation. You have to escape the physical realm of thinking.

The TMJ is possibly due to grinding your teeth, maybe while you sleep. It is all tension related. I suggest you read and re-read Dr. Sarno's book until the concepts start to sink in.
Susie Posted - 09/18/2006 : 08:03:41
Hi Donia, I am sorry for your discomfort but I don't think you are understanding the tms concept. You don't deal with tms by focusing on each pain symptom, be they one at a time or many. You must try to focus on what might be causing your pain. Something is obviously causing your mind to try to distract you, thereby causing your symptoms. Have you read The Mind Body Prescrition or any of Sarno's books? If not, I would suggest you do that first. You must realize that your pain is psychologically caused, not physiologically caused. If you are suffering from tms, there is nothing physically wrong with you. You must deal with the real culprit, your brain.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000