TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Readers of Monte Hueftle.........question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Darko Posted - 09/01/2006 : 17:35:23
Hi all,
Thanks Carolyn for the link to his site. I have downloaded his book and am page 88 and find it amazing. So my question goes out to the people who have read it or understand the art of observing the mind. How does one allow his emotions to flow through his thoughts when the act of observing makes the thoughts cease? If I am I supposed to detach and allow my chatter to flow, which will release my emotion, how do I keep this going when I observe? I find this quiet challenging. Can anyone offer some advise on this?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
altherunner Posted - 09/01/2006 : 20:41:55
You are right - you have one mind with the chatter, and one mind observing. The one with the chatter has been running mankind for the last 10 centuries or so, and the observing mind has had a back seat.
From what I have read, and experienced, is that you can gradually change this balance yourself, just by continuing to observe. The first few weeks or months, when I had an angry thought or emotion, ie:I wanted to punch out the driver that just cut me off, I would go home and punch a punching bag instead. Eventually, these emotions lessened, and I rarely use my punching bag. I like to do a bag workout, but I haven't felt angry. I had anger issues that seem to have gone away on their own. You can feel the inner observing self sometimes when you are awestruck by the beauty of nature.
Darko Posted - 09/01/2006 : 18:23:17
Thanks for the reply Al, I understand, and then I don't. Not sure if I've missed something along the way. From what I understand, I am to experience my emotions by letting my thoughts flow right? Then I'm to observe those thoughts. So if I become angry with someone, I should allow myself to experience those angry thoughts, and not swollow them and I must detach myself from those angry thoughts by allowing them to happen in my mind and observe them. Well that's where it all goes belly up for me, as soon as I become aware of those thoughts, whatever they might be, they cease so I can no longer observe them or experience them. It's like I need to have two minds, one to do the chatter and experience the emotion and one to do the observing. Is this correct or have I lost it somewhere along the way. I'll re-read that chapter to see what else I can pickup. Can anyone relate to, or understand what I'm saying? Cheers
altherunner Posted - 09/01/2006 : 18:07:13
It is challenging. At first, your mind fights like crazy, and makes more thoughts than ever. Just watch them come in, don't worry. Soon you start to really observe, and even laugh at some of the ones that are silly, or frightening, or negative, and you see it is just a thought form. You may find sometimes when you are doing a hobby you enjoy, a sport, or something at your work, you lose thought. I read a lot about formal types of meditation, and found them too complicated and lengthy. I like Monte's style, and I read Eckhart Tolle's books, and listen to his cds. Both are much simpler, not complicated or lengthy at all.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000