TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Insight from Monte

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Carolyn Posted - 08/31/2006 : 17:39:50
I pasted Monte's latest newsletter below and it's worth a read. I think he makes some very good points - particularly about the constant quest for something outside of yourself to be the cure. It's good to be reminded because everyone falls into that trap.

Hello Everyone;

Well, a little pause between newsletters, and this was well intended! I really meant what I communicated last newsletter…and that is…”there is nothing more you need to know or learn about tms to heal, to get rid of the pain”.

Is your sincere intention, burning desire and ultimate objective to eliminate this physical pain disorder from your life? Then you must Now put your time and energy into a very Honest assessment of your unique personality. You must now become Aware and Learn how your personality is generating inner tension in your life and how it is Repressing the emotional energy within you that is creating pain.

This sometimes painful and brutally truthful awareness is where you Must start. As many of you know, emotional awareness alone is not enough to end the pain cycle, however, it is absolutely where you must begin. Why? Two very big reasons.

1. It is through your specific personality traits (striving, perfection, overly self consciousness, controlling, worry, expecting, searching, resenting, complaining, judging) to name a few, that you are generating Stress in your life situations and Inner Tension/Stress in your internal system. You have to be aware of how this is happening in your life/ if you are going to begin to change it.

Most of you know this, but I suspect have overlooked the vital importance of discovering and examining your unique personality and Understanding the huge, dynamic role it is playing in generating inner tension within your internal system.

2. Not only are your conditioned mental patterns of behavior and inner chatter (your unique personality traits) generating inner tension, but they are then Repressing the emotional energy (feelings) that create the pain sensations in your body. Remember, this energy has to go somewhere (be experienced -expressed) and if you deny it, hold it down, keep it closed off, it’s eventually going be heard in the form of Pain.

Instead of reading another book, learning another exercise, searching for another doctor or treatment, idling wondering when and how you will be pain-free. Choose to use your time and energy observing and learning and understanding your personality.

A huge benefit of implementing emotional awareness into your daily life is that you Must be Present in the Now/Moment. It takes supreme mindfulness to be this way. Realize, when you are mindful, in the now, you are not in the past in resentment or anger. And you are not in the future in worry or self-conscious, perfectionist, striving and or controlling behaviors and actions.

Keep it Simple. This disorder has been created over time through chronic, conditional mental patterns that generate and repress energy (create and maintain pain). These patterns are Always in the Past or in the Future.

To Heal you Must reverse (stop and change) these chronic mental patterns. When you stop and change these patterns you then experience a Transformation from pain to healing (no pain). Realize that becoming aware, stopping and changing these chronic mental patterns has to occur in the present moment, in the now. Healing is a present moment, present time experience.

If you are aware of your chronic mental patterns and still choose to live in those patterns in the past or in the future--you are not going to change anything. If nothing else, get out of the past, get out of the future and stay present and mindful as much as you can. And do this without trying to be perfect, without trying to control it, without striving for perfection and without needing an expected outcome. Become mindful, live in the present as your new conditioned mental pattern and you will change your internal stress/tension system.

What am I learning from personal consultations that may help you?
1. Most people, even though they believe in the tms diagnosis, still want someone or thing to fix their pain. This is never going to happen, this is a personal pain disorder.
2. Most people, even though they believe in the tms diagnosis, do not accept it 100% as the cause of their pain. If you do not accept it 100% you will stay in some form of pain.
3. Most people are unknowing Feeding their pain strategy even though they think/believe they are working to eliminate it. Still searching for that perfect doc or treatment, still doing something in the way of physical treatments to fix the pain, still communicating in someway that they are not quite sure what is going on.
4. Many believe that they must discover and heal some Big emotional trauma that happened in their past. This is a personality disorder of chronic mental patterns generating and repressing when we are in the past and future. It can be reversed in the present. And any big emotional trauma out there will surface when you are present….If you always go looking for more you will always find more. Be present, whatever you need to deal with will be there.
5. Worry, self-consciousness while striving and controlling and fear of expression are the common themes that people are telling me about themselves.
6. Everyone is afraid to be honest and open up to there inner self. When you are honest with yourself you will be more open. When you are more open you will stop repressing and become less stuck and thus feel less pain.

Do I have to do Power Yoga, Guided Imagery/Hypnosis and Observe/Watch my inner chatter? Understand the common theme running through all these practices—they are supremely mindful, present moment awareness practices that help you become more aware and open while keeping you out of the chronic past and future. Power Yoga done as a mindful practice and not as a exercise routine is pure present moment awareness with the added benefits of a physical exercise that opens up mind and body. Guided Imagery and hypnosis are each a practice that allows you to experience a higher awareness, be more open and be supremely present with your feelings. Being the observer/watcher of your inner chatter is a higher awareness that is the exact opposite of being in your chatter in the past or future. And it has the added benefit of allowing you the opportunity to be aware of chronic mental patterns and change them right now. Do you have to do any/all of these practices? No. But you then have to find a way that you can be mindful of who you are being. Find a practice that can help you open up emotionally and find a way to become aware of, challenge and change your repression activities.

The bottom line is this. Most people want this pain disorder to be treated by a doctor, therapist, treatment, drug, ect. And they do not want to do the inner work that only they can do. They are still waiting for someone to fix this tms syndrome. That is Never going to happen. Never. This is a personal challenge and journey that only each of you can experience and transform on your own.

Carolyn
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Carolyn Posted - 08/31/2006 : 19:50:43
Monte Hueftle is a TMS success story a lot of people on this board are familiar with- he used to post occassionally I think. He wrote Get Rid of the Pain in Your Butt Now and maintains a web site with some very good insights. You can sign up for his e-mail newsletter if you like. That is where this came from. Go to http://www.runningpain.com/ and sign up for the newsletter near the bottom of the page
Darko Posted - 08/31/2006 : 19:37:27
Carolyn,
This is FANTASTIC!!!! Really speaks to me. Are you doing this Power Yoga / observing your chatter? I've had a major shift recently and this has really given me another excellent tool. Many thanks to you for thinking of your fellow TMSers.
sonora sky Posted - 08/31/2006 : 19:01:35
Thanks, Carolyn. Where is this from?

ss

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000