TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Saw my doc today

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cheeryquery Posted - 08/23/2006 : 19:56:19
I had to go to my doctor, today, to get a referral for a dental appliance I need. He was shocked to notice that I haven't darkened his doors in over eight months. In fact, he had me on so many meds (most of them addressing side effects of other drugs) that I was just about dead. So I quit everything but the insulin for my type 2 diabetes.

Of course, I know that, sooner or later, I have to have some tests. I have a genetic high triglyceride rate that needs monitoring (but the drug to control it makes me feel sick and the only alternative is an almost fat-free diet which is NOT going to happen in this lifetime) and my thyroid was low, last time we looked. But that's IT so why do I need a dozen medications? Don't ask me.

A few days ago, I read that people who are breathless have a much greater chance of dying in the following few years. Of course, within two days, I'm breathless. Never been breathlesss in my life! Thank goodness for Dr. Sarno or I'd be having heart symptoms non stop.

I feel great since I dumped all the meds. I'd much rather feel great than live long with side effects of pills that may, or may not, be doing me any good at all. In fact, I think the medical profession was killing me with all this "kindness".

TMS is a bottomless pit of money for the medical profession. The situation will only get worse as the boomers age. I really think that we have to take charge of our own health and not be scared into compliance with treatment that doesn't make sense.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
miche Posted - 08/25/2006 : 23:22:04
Right, I had the blood tests and mine are good also, hence my decision to ignore the high chloresterol and take folic acid, but you make a good point , thank's
wrldtrv Posted - 08/25/2006 : 22:55:41
By the way, Miche, following your pt about folic acid, there are couple of blood tests you can do to check your propensity for heart probs. One is homocystine and the other is a CRP (C-Reactive Protein). If your homocystine is out of line the folic acid can help. As for the CRP, I think that's more of a genetic thing that can't be altered (as far as I know).

The great thing about folic acid is that it is easily available in most multi-vits or B-vits (take 400 mcg day). I take a sub-lingual B with folic acid (though I prob don't need to. I've had both the above blood tests and had very good numbers).
miche Posted - 08/25/2006 : 20:27:38
But the experts are forever changing their minds , studies are tampered with, experts often have something to gain at a personal level from the outcome of such studies, I was told that I should be on chloresterol meds for the past fifteen years, it was high when I was walking six miles a day and weighed one hundred lbs, I have not given in yet, too many studies have been done that demonstrate how people with low chloresterol die of heart attacks and vice versa, the key in heart attack prevention seems to be folic acid, much cheaper and one can get it without a prescription
I also read that where statin may prevent heart attacks they provoke strokes.
The latest trend in statin have people lowering their chloresterol to the point where a lot of them are suffering from depression ( side effects)
I think that we are exposed to too much information all around, one cannot open a magazine or put on the tv without hearing about the latest study and all the warnings that go with it, I find all this stressfull, remember the butter , margarine debates? My mother used to fry everything in that cheap margarine and frowned on my use of butter, both her and my dad were on statins.
I am no expert on anything, but I do know that more and more people are trusting their own judgment when it comes to their health and with good reason, unless it is an emergency, better to stay away.
One usually start with one med and then is given a second one to conteract the side effects of the first and so on and so forth, my dad is now taking 15 a day, overmedicated to the max, walks around like a zombie, yet being from the old school where the doctor is next to God he has put his whole life in his doctor's hands.
I admire your courage Cheery, difficult to walk away from the medical profession when we are sick, they have us so convinced that they know what is good for us, They do at times, I would not want to be without one in an emergency, but not always.
I did an experiment once, I went to three different walk in clinics in one day , saw three different doctors for the same ailment, guess what? I got three different diagnosis, this was the day when I stopped going, unless I need a refill for my thyroid meds or my estrogen which I won't quit no matter what the studies say....
Sorry for the long thread!
cheeryquery Posted - 08/25/2006 : 19:30:19
Thanks for your comments, Cari and Art. It's rather scary at the same time. So much easier to the experts do your thinking for you.

art Posted - 08/24/2006 : 15:22:26
Cheery,

I think that's terrific. I agree wholeheartedly concerning quality of life over quantity, but even as to that I'd be willing to venture your body is better off without all those toxic drugs in your system.

I haven't "darkened the door" of my primary doc in over 3 years, and I have no plans to visit any time soon. I need to take a test or two..I'm long overdue for a colonoscopy for one thing given my family history, but for the most part I've never felt better...Absent a broken leg or heart attack or some other dire emergency, as far as my doctors are concerned I'm going to be long gone and hard to find...

Let 'em poison someone else.
retainer Posted - 08/24/2006 : 10:20:29
Hi Cheeryquery: I am so glad to hear you are trying to get off all
the medication. Medication only "blocks" the symptom, so it also
blocks other things the body needs, hense the side effects.

I really wish you would get and read "Lights Out" by TS Wiley.
That book changed my hubby and my life. If everyone read that book,
we would all be healthier. TS explains that it's sugar, not eating
fat that is killing everyone. Also, we need more sleep in a dark
room.

After just 2 months of no sugar (food I could control) I changed my
blood tests for the better. Your trigl. count is more important
than your cholesterol. My trigl. was 322. Now it is 80!
I stopped drinking pop and eating any sugar desserts and snacks.
Period! For 5 years now.

Dr. were taught it's fat that clogs are arteries. It isn't. It's
sugar that turns to bad fat. The Dr. just don't get it yet!

If you are into helping yourself, I do hope you read the book. It
might be in your library also. Good luck and good health! Cari

"It's all up to me!"

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000