TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 IT band pain

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sportyjd25 Posted - 08/22/2006 : 09:35:38
I learned about TMS about two weeks ago after battling back pain for a year. Within a day or two my pain as well as the IBS i had also developed was gone. Now though I've been diagnosed with IT band pain in my knee. I'm pretty sure it's TMS but I'm having a really hard time getting rid of it. Some of it seems more like TMS but other parts, i.e. that it goes away if i'm not bending my leg, seem more like a legit injury. Any advice?
Thanks,
Jess
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
drziggles Posted - 08/23/2006 : 19:57:12
In my experience you can't really run through it once it kicks in fully--it hurts too much and doesn't go away. The TMS techniques can keep it from happening in the first place once you get going. Twinges of pain, however, should be mocked and laughed at!
art Posted - 08/23/2006 : 19:38:09
Let us know how you do sporty...We're all rooting for you. We feast on the improvement of newbies!!
sportyjd25 Posted - 08/23/2006 : 14:57:14
thanks so much art for the great advice! i've been trying to run through it but have to stop quickly because it hurts too much. i didn't know if i was doing the right thing to keep running through it as much as i can but you've given me new hope and i'm going to stick with it and not let it get me done
thanks,
jess
art Posted - 08/23/2006 : 05:48:17
IT band syndrome = TMS (for me anyway). It's a tough one in that you can't beat it over the course of a run. But don't let it get you down. Run til the pain makes it impossible to continue, laugh at it, remember TMS and its dynamics, and on your next scheduled day lace up your running shoes and repeat the process..

It worked for me. One day I went for my run and it just never came. I haven't been bothered by it since.

sportyjd25 Posted - 08/22/2006 : 12:57:28
thanks for the help
drziggles Posted - 08/22/2006 : 12:06:16
do a search in the archives for iliotibial band syndrome and you can read our recent discussions about this TMS equivalent.
ndb Posted - 08/22/2006 : 10:51:58
quote:
Originally posted by sportyjd25

I learned about TMS about two weeks ago after battling back pain for a year. Within a day or two my pain as well as the IBS i had also developed was gone. Now though I've been diagnosed with IT band pain in my knee. I'm pretty sure it's TMS but I'm having a really hard time getting rid of it. Some of it seems more like TMS but other parts, i.e. that it goes away if i'm not bending my leg, seem more like a legit injury. Any advice?
Thanks,
Jess

congratulations on overcoming your back pain. just because the knee pain goes away when not bending doesn't mean its 'legit'. you may be conditioned to think that way. or your mind may be making the pain less to convince you its legit. don't be fooled by it, treat it as if were TMS.

after i had my big recovery from neck, back and shoulder pain after reading sarno, i had really bad jaw pain for a while that i thought was because of my wisdom teeth.i wasn't able to get rid of it as easily as the other pain, i think because the surprise of reading sarno for the first time wasn't there...but i ignored it and stopped obssesing over whether it might be some tooth problem, and it dissappeared after a while!

ndb

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000