TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Cortizone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gecco Posted - 08/21/2006 : 14:14:25
I had a cortizone shot in my shoulder a while back and it made the pain worse. Dr. said that if cortizone helped the problem / pain, then surgery (decomp) was a possible solution - also said if the the shot didn't help (or made it worse) there may be something else going on. Anyone out there have a similar experience with cortizone?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
miche Posted - 08/21/2006 : 23:49:08
Salamander, of course you are right!!!!!
Thank's for the reality check.
salamander Posted - 08/21/2006 : 23:17:21
Miche,

Listen to your last post. It strikes me as fearful and desperate. A shot in your back some time ago is not causing problems. If anything your last post indicates TMS to me. Don't get sucked into the physical....One shot is not going to help or hinder in the least.

Trust me on this...I'm not a doctor!

Regards,

ds
miche Posted - 08/21/2006 : 22:29:42
have not had any steriod shots since I had read how dangerous they might be when depomedrol is injected close to the spinal cord. Probably not so dangerous in the shoulder.

Stryder, this has gotten my attention having had a shot close to my spine when I first got hurt ten years ago, the spine area in my upper back is still very sore to the touch and I have been told that on top of fibro (tms) I have osteoarthritis in my upper back, right where it hurts Could the shot that they gave me at the time have made the problem worst, in what way is it dangerous? what are the side effects? I would very much appreciated if you could share what you know with me. Thank's
Miche
PS: by the way , the shot did nothing for the pain, although my mother swore by them for her knee.
Stryder Posted - 08/21/2006 : 16:20:00
I have not had any steriod shots since I had read how dangerous they might be when depomedrol is injected close to the spinal cord. Probably not so dangerous in the shoulder.

My personal opinion is they are worthless (just part of the medical / industrial complex). If you are looking for good long term recovery from pain, especially TMS induced pain, then injections are wasting your time and effort.

Stick with Sarno in your corner.

Take care, -Stryder
shari Posted - 08/21/2006 : 15:20:53
Sounds like your doctor is not sure what is causing your pains. I had cortisone injections on trigger (or tender) points on my upper back, but they didn't help. That was before I heard of TMS. I think it's in Fred Amir's book that I read that cortisone injections have little value in treatment of back pains.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000