TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A helpful technique??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
westcoastram Posted - 08/11/2006 : 00:52:03
When I was going hardcore through the TMS stuff, one technique really seemed to help me out.

Aside from the journalling which I did and it helped a lot, I also began a list. A list of my aches and pains.

For each one, I began a new list and started numbering every little piece of reasoning that I could think of that made me suspect it was TMS (ie, I only get this pain when X happens but not why I do something else which is just as or more strenuous). I would list everything, no matter how small.

Over time, the list seemed to grow, as I improved, something else would pop up (ie, pain moves or pain changes quality).

Whenever I'd have a bad day, I'd journal but I'd also pull out the list.

After awhile, the list grew and I had filled a whole page. When you look down and see a whole page of items (it was important for me to list everything, no matter how small or inconsiquential) convincing you it's TMS and not something else - that's very powerful.

Thought I'd share... FWIW.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fox Posted - 08/11/2006 : 09:08:57
Excellent idea!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000