TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Food for thought

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
miche Posted - 08/07/2006 : 14:32:26
R.D. Laing in the Divided Self, recalls the story of a schizophrenic patient who, during the course of a lie detector test , was asked if he was really Napoleon. The patient responded no - but the equipment demonstrated he was lying.
Emotion does out one way or another it seems . We have got to say what we feel and mean , when we can't say it in words or actions we say it physiologically.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
art Posted - 08/08/2006 : 12:19:38
quote:
Originally posted by kether

the medical intuitive Carolynn Myss always says: "your biography becomes your biology".

Ah, that's it...Thanks kether I knew it was something like that...
art Posted - 08/08/2006 : 10:31:02
quote:
Originally posted by miche

Some people do not want to communicate, they just want to dominate.

I've never understood that need. Money I can understand to a certain extent, women (definitely), maybe even popularity (though much, much less so as I get older) but the lust for domination and power has always escaped me.

Miche, I think you're so right. True enough there are some things better left unsaid, but I think the more imnportant point is that our personal histories will always be recorded in our physiology...I think I once heard it put that history is biology...We ignore our true nature at our peril

miche Posted - 08/08/2006 : 09:40:00
I agree Beth that it is not a cure . I was fired once because the boss thought he was God's gift to woman when I thought he was a snake, the man was an ex boxer and cornered me in our parcel room ,I am five feet tall and weighted one hundred and ten pounds, so I was no match for him but I threatened to scream and bring the rest of the staff in, he let me go, but I got my notice the next day, no union.....sometimes we are in a no win situation . Some people do not want to communicate, they just want to dominate.
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/08/2006 : 07:57:46
Miche,

I think you just joined the "My sister is EXTREMELY difficult" club started by myself and Karen.

Of course, expression of feelings is important, and if possible should always be done. I'm just saying we can't see it as a cure for our TMS because so often it's not possible, like when it involves your boss

Beth
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/08/2006 : 05:52:16
WOW, good post! I just exercised feeling my feelings immediately and it felt great! THere are ways of expressing EVERY emotion, even anger or perhaps rage..it just depends upon the delivery! Getting out as quickly as possible helped me not drop another pound of rage unto the reservoir that is already there...
miche Posted - 08/07/2006 : 20:47:31
Beth, I agree , telling all is not always appropriate, anger can be damaging in many ways, still I believe that there are appropriate ways to express one's feelings , to do so can be constructive and liberating, I was in my forties when I finally told my mother that just because I did not agree with her on every single issue did not mean that I did not love her, a fact that had seemed to escape her, I told her calmly and lovingly yet for me it was very liberating, I was tired of pretending for fear of incurring her wrath, it changed our relationship for the better, at least it was more honest and I felt truer to myself. Anyone who rants and screams seldom manages to prove a point anyhow, but communication is always important for all involved. The meek do not inherit the earth, they inherit disrespect ,and possibly sickness, I should know having done my share of meekness.
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/07/2006 : 15:17:36
I disagree with you in part.

Sometimes saying what we feel or think is NOT appropriate.

To avoid the TMS gremlin, we must be AWARE of the stress involved with NOT expressing our feelings when we first feel them.

Remember, recovery from TMS isn't so much about solving every dilemma and expressing every anti-social thought.

Rather, its about acknowledging the pressures we're under and that society and our loved ones put upon us.

Beth

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000