TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 inflammation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/06/2006 : 21:09:36
I am really not doing well right now...SO discouraged...The foot pain got bad enough during my walk that I had to stop...Now I can see the veins in my 'bad' previously injured knee filling up with blood..They did that when it was truly injured...The TMS kicked in when it was taking forever to heal...The quad and hamstrings are still smaller in that leg..some atrophy..The PT person I saw a year ago said that was what was causing the foot to turn out..I was just turning my ankle (stretching while sitting) and I felt a sharp pain in my knee..It's all connected and being affected now..I had to take advil and now my stomach is hurting too...I feel like a mess...Can there be real inflammation and it still is TMS?? I pray the knee, foot pain is also TMS..I know the neck is TMS, that is clear...But the walking has been helping my neck sooo much..Now I may have to stop or I will be limping..The whole walking funny thing to favor the foot is causing the knee to freak out..I am at my wits end with all this...

Psychologically, I am sooooo scared and sad..Probably angry too...I have met the most amazing man..I have reason to feel, deep down, he could be 'the one..' He lives in NY and I want to move back anyway..So I want to be HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!!! But, my happiness partly equates with my roomies sadness...He thinks of me and my dogs as family and dreads the day i move away...This wonderful new soul in my life is totally allergic to dogs..So I may have to keep the dogs here with my roomie..THey love him and love it hear..but they would miss me and I would surely miss them, esp. my basset..I have had here for 10 years and she has been the greatest nurse during injuries and bouts of TMS..I feel like i would be abandoning my children..How do I get a grip on this enormous stress..And should I consider seeing a podiatrist or going to the good feet store..I have orthodics that are 5 yrs old..I tried to walk without them and it got even worse..I don't know what to do about any of this..
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/10/2006 : 10:23:37
Thanx Ali Cat...
jrnythpst Posted - 08/10/2006 : 09:48:11
Sorry Karen, I admit I mostly skimmed the post and got the highlights. You could be right about this guy just don't rush into things. Part of you wants to be back on the East Coast so badly you might be willing to believe most anything. You could be right on the projecting but I don't want to see you get hurt like I did. Anyway good luck in whatever you decide is best.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/10/2006 : 08:56:18
Ali Cat,
You might be projecting your experiences on mine a bit..This man is a wonderful soul and would never ask me to get rid of my animals..He cannot help being severely allergic..He has tried 3 years of shots and is open to trying more alternative treatments including TMS...but...he was born with the bee and walnut allergy and has found himself in the hospital on more then one occasion...I feel the same way about my animals, believe me and I am praying for a miracle and we will try other alternatives..
Karen
jrnythpst Posted - 08/10/2006 : 08:36:33
I agree with the fellow pet lovers. I gave away my cat Kasey when I was with the first loser boyfriend. I still miss the cat but could care less about him. I now have three cats and two dogs. Anyone that tells me to get rid of my animals or to put my cats outside (the dogs are already outside) can go to hell as far as I am concerned. My animals love me and I love them and when I hurt badly they do their best to cuddle with me and show me they care. I say any guy that would want you to choose between him and a pet is not a guy worth having. Been there done that, never again. Sorry to be so blunt but my animals are like my children and the thought of ever getting rid of them is akin to self mutilation because it would tear me up on the inside beyond repair.

Hugs,
Ali Cat
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/09/2006 : 09:33:33
Just got back from the gym..It was tough but i did it! The calf raises brought on the foot pain again,,but it is calmer then after i try to go walking..the stationary bike worked out and I did lower body weight training..I am still going through all kinds of good/bad life situations..but trying to cope as best as I can...The neck is tight in the usual areas but i did the lower body work out anyway..Had to ask for help bending over to adjust the machines...I went after 4 hrs of sleep..I am dealing with yet another TMS equv. that is Insomnia...Hope you are all doing well...
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/08/2006 : 11:46:52
Thanks for your thoughts, Art...Believe me, I wouldn't dream of giving my dogs away until I was more then sure...and...even then...My hope is that if it is meant to be with this person we will find a cure..He is more then open to trying shots again, acupuncture and Sarno as well!
PS...I don't want to think about this part (my dogs) anymore because I want to enjoy this beginning phase and the bliss attached to it..It is premature to even be talking about what to do about my doggies, so I am chosing to stop talking about it right now..and instead I put my faith in God that it will all work out in a miraculous way..After all I have been through..I deserve happiness..And I love my dogs with all my heart..They are my children..I will always do right by them..

Bethie,
Thanx for cheering me on, Buddy...I am going to go later today after i teach my voice lesson..or tomorrow the latest..I have to show the Gremlin I CAN DO IT!
Hugs,
K
h2oskier25 Posted - 08/08/2006 : 07:54:26
quote:
i am going to attempt to drive (torso turning and all) to the gym and work out my lower body and ride the stationary bike..

Boy, I've been waiting a long time for THOSE words. You go girl.

And don't just try, do it.

It's what you need now more than anything, regular strong aerobic workouts.

Then, do it tomorrow.

Hugs

Beth
art Posted - 08/08/2006 : 06:13:27
quote:
he's allergic to dogs, maybe he has TMS too and should take a look at the TMS stuff. Afterall, aren't most allergies considered TMS in the Sarno world?
If it were me I would not give up my pet. Your pet is your family, afterall. They will be affected by you abandoning them to your roomie more than you think. It's not being very fair to them. Sorry, I am a volunteer for a pet shelter and when we hear these types of situations it enrages us because people shouldn't own/adopt animals if they can't commit to them. That's my three cents.

The trouble with giving away beloved animals is there's always a price to pay...If push came to shove and it was a question of being able to to be with the woman of my dreams, or keep my dogs, I'd somehow find a way to be with the girl..BUt there's no quesiotn in my mind that I'd feel guilty for the rest of my life...

The question I would have to ask myself is, is it worth it...

I'd have to be damn sure this really was what I needed to be happy before I'd even think about doing something like that

I don't see how you could be anywhere near certain after a couple of weeks..

EDit: Something related to what Mary said, and this is my own prejudice talking so don't take it seriously, I would have a more difficult time trusting someone supposedly allergic to dogs than someone who wasn't...If nothing else, it brings up the question that Mary implies, which is what's going on with this guy exactly? Is it physical? Emotional? Psychosomatic?

Again, my bias talking so don't take it too seriously...BUt it would definitely be part of my thought-process in the beginning at least.../
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/08/2006 : 05:47:26
Hi Maryalma,
I appreciate your input, as always..And because you don't know me, I won't take what you said personally...I do more then work at shelters...my whole life mission is to help as many animals as I can..I am an AVID animal rights activist currently working on several major projects (Navy sonar, saving Alaskan wolfs are just two of them)...The reason I want to make it big as a singer and an artist is so that I have as much money as I need to help God's greatest creatures on a GRAND SCALE..As for my doggies, my children, my heart/soul...with all due respect I don't need anyone lecturing me about how to be a good parent to them...I am the best...I will do what is BEST for them overall...I was just talking about all aspects of my dilemma...My roomie is their Dad..He takes them on walkies, etc..things i cannot do because of the TMS...I am with them alot and very bonded to them...I have already sacrified ALOT for them..I turned down a very high paying singing job on a cruise ship because I didn't want to leave them for 4 months..My insurance was going to get cancelled because of missing this gig, but i did it anyway...so again..You don't know me...I will MAKE SURE that I do the best by them always...I like your replies to me and they help me..And I feel a special kind of connection to you because you are also a musician..But..in an effort to FEEL my feelings immediately so as to not express them I have to tell you that some of what you wrote pissed me off...THere...ahhhh..I feel better now...and I won't hold onto it..Thanks again for your input..Take care,
Karen
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/08/2006 : 05:41:43
Art,
Good advice about the orthotics! yeah..I finally spelled it right!!
I am well aware of how long it has been..and I am being careful, believe me..BUT..I am not going to allow ANYTHING to deflate the joy I am experiencing from this either...as well as the healing to myself body and mind...It's a rare and beautiful thing to connect to this level...Thanks for caring about me buddy!

Miche,
I know you mean me well..thank you very much for that! I have things under control...As for my DOGGIES..they are my kids and I will do what is best for them...It will work out..I am praying about it and I believe (know) that prayer works!

I haven't been sleeping enough for days...3 hrs a night, maybe..After a nap i am going to attempt to drive (torso turning and all) to the gym and work out my lower body and ride the stationary bike..This might be a good alternative to walking til the foot settles down, and the knee...I got it going on in multiple areas right now...
Hugs to all of you!!!!
~Karen
marytabby Posted - 08/08/2006 : 05:41:31
If he's allergic to dogs, maybe he has TMS too and should take a look at the TMS stuff. Afterall, aren't most allergies considered TMS in the Sarno world?
If it were me I would not give up my pet. Your pet is your family, afterall. They will be affected by you abandoning them to your roomie more than you think. It's not being very fair to them. Sorry, I am a volunteer for a pet shelter and when we hear these types of situations it enrages us because people shouldn't own/adopt animals if they can't commit to them. That's my three cents.
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/08/2006 : 05:37:07
Beth,
What a great reply..thank you as always my friend!!! What you said about my roomie is true and exactly what i need to hear!

Jay,
You inspired me with your encouraging words based on your very own experiences! thank you for that..I will take your advice!!!

Susie,
I wish it were as easy as taking an antihistamine but unfortunately 2 years of shots didn't even cut it...He is one of those people who has to go to the hospital if he gets stung by a bee...He LOVES animals and is willing to try acupuncture per my request..It helped me with my cat allergy..You are right, i should quit looking at my veins! As for my stomach...TMS does make it worse, stress does..but...I really think the stomach pain is from the advil...After I take it for more then 2 days, it starts...Thanx for your always great advice!!!
miche Posted - 08/07/2006 : 20:59:49
I agree with Art, Karen , please be careful, you seem to be willing to give up a lot of yourself for the sake of a man you barely know, just search your heart and make sure you are not doing this as an escape from your present situation, please know I mean you well .
art Posted - 08/07/2006 : 16:57:40
Karen...

My advice for what it's worth, which might not be a whole lot.

Don't go to the "Good Feet Store" or any other store like that.

Don't wear your orthotics (with a "t")

Don't go to the podiatrist.

I wouldn't give up my dogs either, but that's just me. YOu just met this guy, right? Seems like you went from point "a" to point "b" (including chucking dogs) pretty damn quickly.

h2oskier25 Posted - 08/07/2006 : 15:00:51
Hear hear to the "ignore the physical" advice on this topic. I second it.

The great guy in NY., maybe he isn't allergic to dogs but says that so he won't have to say "Sorry, but I'm not really a dog fan."

Even if you gave up the Bassett, which I can't imagine, wouldn't you want another dog?

I know it kills me to be petless.

One of your big hairy monsters lurking in the brain that needs dealt with is the roomie. IMHO, it's wanting to move on and be happy but feeling trapped in this relationship (for whatever reason) that is behind a lot of your TMS.

He will get over it, he will move on, too. Maybe he'll go to a shelter a month after you're gone, and look for a nice pup. Maybe he'll be forced to overcome some of his shyness and meet new people. You have to realize that he'll get over it. Otherwise you put yourself in a position to deal with the resentment that you don't consciously feel ('cause he's too nice) but subconsiously feel.

Realize, too, that he won't hate you for moving on, he'll be friends with you forever.

Again, just my humble opinion.

Hugs,

Beth
Susie Posted - 08/07/2006 : 10:16:51
Karen, forget the orthodics and the podiatrist. It's just your tms gremlin trying to stop you. The stomach upset should be your proof. I've had all the foot stuff, it's nothing. Just a little painful. Quit looking at your veins, it's just taking you back to the structural. The dogs are a different story and that's probably why you are upset. It would kill me to leave them. Perhaps he could take an antihistamine.
wolf29 Posted - 08/07/2006 : 09:10:09
quote:
I know the neck is TMS, that is clear...But the walking has been helping my neck sooo much..Now I may have to stop or I will be limping..The whole walking funny thing to favor the foot is causing the knee to freak out..I am at my wits end with all this...

Sounds like your brain has found a new place to cause you distractions since it seems your neck was improving. Assuming it's TMS, which most likely it is in your case, if you quit walking, then you let TMS win. If you have to shorten your walks, then so be it, but stopping all together is letting it beat you. That's my opinion as I have experienced amazing results by challenging the pain and not giving into it when the thought of quitting some activity has crossed my mind. I've had it with TMS and it will not control my life any longer. I feel that's the attitude you need, but you have to trully believe it and mean it.

Name it and claim it baby

Feel better soon.

Jay

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000