TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Yoga

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
flyefisher Posted - 08/04/2006 : 12:16:01
I've been feeling ok with some pain this week. My wife left to go see her family for 4 weeks in Japan so I'm solo now. I do miss them.

Last night I went to Yoga. I felt great. Lower back had some tightness and stiffness, but I felt great afterwards. Now today it aches and burns. I wonder if I should keep going or hold back a bit. Right now it's bearable but if it gets worse it might be debilitating...
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
flyefisher Posted - 08/05/2006 : 11:03:08
I especially like the integration of meditation with it. It runs parallel to the theory of the mindbody connection. You must relax your mind, focus on your breathing (present vs. future/past) and then use the poses for deep stretching and strengthening. The ache in the sacroiliac area in recent days has been rough. But laying down a bit helps.

I find that now I only feel the physical pain, but since discovering the TMS part of it, I don't get all depressed and wigged out (unless the pain gets real severe for a spell). I find now that 75% of the difficulty before was the mental aspect. The physical pain is there and can be very annoying, but it's like having a cold that you know will eventually go away.

I can see now it takes a while to convince of TMS. It's one thing to cognitively buy it, and a whole other issue altogether to integrate it wholly.

Kristin Posted - 08/05/2006 : 10:02:17
Keep going! Yoga is awesome. It won't become debilitating! I always get sore from small muscle tears and the process of rebuilding tissue especially if I've not been going regularly. It just reminds me to take it easy until I'm ready for longer holds and deeper stretches.

I love how yoga makes me feel strong physically, emotionally and spiritually! It's good for the soul!

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000