TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 tanner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
slimmylou Posted - 08/03/2006 : 19:11:10
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
salamander Posted - 08/05/2006 : 23:54:16
No problem Kether,

I'm not insulted by your post. However, it does inforce that sometimes when you try and do a good thing, the tables become turned and you become the bad guy. I've had many ups and downs with this disorder and there is great likely hood that without Sarno, I would have had numerous failed surgery attempts (back, knee, shoulder...the list goes on...). I think that I would have been miserable and probably latched on to a forum such as this "fibro" forum to feel part of the "crowd". As they say, "misery loves company".

I consider myself a recovered TMS'er with occasional symptoms. I come back to this forum because I am truly fascinated with this disorder and like to keep tabs with any new insight, etc.... I also like to add encouragement to others that are going through this and offer support for recovery. I don't come that often because I want to get on with my life, but I'm drawn back every so often.

Best regards,

Doug
flyefisher Posted - 08/05/2006 : 11:10:42
I feel sympathy as it is evident the pain is literally driving her insane. Had I not been a TMS sufferer I might be more harsh on her. I've been in her shoes where the pain goes on for so long and the feeling of hopelessness sets in to where you totally lose your direction and desire to continue. This can manifest as depression or anger, or both.

We all feel rage sometimes. I was watching the Sopranos the other day and the shrink:

Jennifer melfi: "After two years of treating you, I've learned things, and I pick up sorrow coming from you."

Jennifer melfi: "Sad is good, unconscious isn't."

She notes in another piece how rage is a mask for sadness and sorrow.

In that regard I feel sad for this woman. Deep down she has such dark issues and until she deals with them appropriately she will continue to suffer.
salamander Posted - 08/05/2006 : 10:29:10
Kether,

I certainly am not Tanner. If you look at my posts on that sight I said absolutely nothing that was off base or out of bounds. I made about 4 posts all posted by Doug, which is my name. I am a Sarno believer and simply wanted a group of people in pain to know about another approach to look into.

That Debra is an absolute nut case. Her diatribe on that website confirms for me that she has some inner rage that is beyond belief. At any rate, I hope that this jerk does not undermine Sarno in other people's minds.

From now on, I'm minding my own business and looking out for #1. Obviously it's not worth trying to help other people.

Regards,

Doug
salamander Posted - 08/05/2006 : 01:33:01
I'm sorry, but I have to post one of Debra's responses to me on their forum, I about fell on the floor in laughter....

Name: doug | Date: August 5, 2006, 2:42 am
Answer: I've replied to a few posts with the same message. I highly recommend John Sarno's books. I credit him for saving me from a pain-ridden life. You can also check out the TMShelp.com forum for information about his theories. Good luck...you are taking a positive step toward normalcy. Regards, Doug

Name: DEBRA | Date: August 5, 2006, 3:28 am
Answer: TANNER/DOUG IS ONE PERSON.HE IS PLAYING A SICK GAME WITH ME AND OTHERS.HE IS MAKING MONEY OFF THIS ****.THE BOOKS ARE B.S.PEOPLE ARE GETTING PAID TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE THEM SO YOU CAN BUY THE BOOKS.THIS FIBRO FOURM HAS TURNED OUT TO BE A NIGHTMARE.HE IS CRAZY AND IS GOING TO PLAY WITH YOUR MIND AND EVERY WORD THAT YOU SAY.**** OFF YOU SICK ****...LEAVE THESE POOR PEOPLE ALONE......TAKE YOUR HEAD GAMES SOME WHERE ELSE.

About Us | Terms of Use and Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Forum | Add your link to our site
Copyright © 2002 - 2006 Hearthstone Communications Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

salamander Posted - 08/05/2006 : 01:15:05
Well I just got done posting to that forum after reading this post. I guess it is the "goodist" in me, since I sincerely would like to help point anyone suffering from chronic pain to a solution...that being the solution offered by Sarno.

What is really amusing is that within minutes of my post, Debra posted a scathing message accused me of being this Tanner person and announced that I was "crazy". I just chuckled, however I feel really sorry for her and others on that board that suffer from what they perceive as an untreatable disease. I guess that I am amazed that some people will not open their minds to another possible solution.

Regards,

Doug (I'm really not Tanner) LOL. : )
art Posted - 08/04/2006 : 18:15:51
Funny yes,but sad as well for my money. There's so much pain in the world, much of it the result of fear, and ego, and misinformation, and just plain sloppy thinking...

Makes me feel all the more grateful for our little forum,which by and large is truly an island of sanity in an all too crazy world..
drziggles Posted - 08/04/2006 : 10:36:55
That is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time... that prim, righteous little woman just exploding in paroxysms of all-caps profanity... Priceless!
n/a Posted - 08/04/2006 : 09:03:33
Slimmylou - the title alone, 'No Cure for Fibro, but don't give up hope', is enough to make anyone do just that - give up hope for ever and ever!

This fibro thing is catching on in Britain as well - my local paper ran a story this week about a woman who can't do anything because of fibro - I expect it will become the illness du jour soon here.

Seriously though, it is sad that people are desperate enough to risk serious damage to themselves taking big doses of antacid every day.

It takes a huge mind shift to begin to even explore the possibility that something so disabling can be psychological in origin. I think if anyone suggested that to the people posting there they would be insulted or angry..

Something I find interesting - those of us who have had success curing ourselves of fibro, chronic back pain etc must have made that mind shift. Why were we open to this idea when so many people are not?

Best wishes

Anne (not Fibrofix Anne, I promise)

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000