TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 not scared now.... thanks everyone!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kether Posted - 08/03/2006 : 16:37:07

hi I'm new. I've read all of Sarno's stuff. I believe in TMS & equivalents 100%. over the past few years I've experienced: nauseau, dizziness, myofascial pain (pretty much everywhere), headaches, insommnia, anxiety, depression, asthma-type symptoms, stomach cramps, recurrent viral infections, numbness & tingling pretty much everything Sarno says TMS can be. been told I have myofascial pain & fibromyalgia. the good news is I am at least 50% improved today,this has been a freaking miracle.

but right now, I feel like I'm buzzing, pulsing or vibrating. it feels kind of like if you put your hand on top of a refridgerator when it is running. except it's coming from inside of me. it feels really weird, scary & neurological. It's been about a week now. this happened once before a few years ago & it eventually went away. has anyone else felt anything weird like this before?

it seems like my tms-brain is cooking up the scary "neuro" symptoms now that the pain is diminished & doesn't scare me anymore. I'm sure that this is true, but this disraction is working amazingly well & I'm having awful insomnia cause I can't relax or feel still. I really thought I was getting over this for good & now I'm scared. My symptoms seem to move around all the time now, recycling themselves. I'm re-experiencing many old symptoms I had long forgotten about. I feel like all the progress I've made is unraveling, I could REALLY use some help sorting through this.thanks so much, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wrldtrv Posted - 08/03/2006 : 23:16:45
Kether--Your mention of Michael J Fox and "internal trembling" reminded me that that was one of my terrors at one point too--Parkinsons. That's definitely one you can rule out, espec in your case (mainly affects older males). I also had the feeling of internal tremors during both episodes over 4 yrs so I asked the neuro about P. He said, extremely unlikely since P is progressive (doesn't come and go).
Singer_Artist Posted - 08/03/2006 : 21:53:13
I empathize with you, Kether and I have faith you will get past this..I am still coming out of an acute TMS neck attack..Just a month and a half ago, after getting a Nucca chiro adjustment (bad mistake) I had all kinds of WEIRD neuro symptoms..Even my head moved on it's own while at rest..I had tingling, burning and twitching in various places...Really freaky stuff...Now I am walking 40 minutes in the morning and still fighting neck tightness and lack of range of motion..but less and less neuro symptoms and pain in the hands, arms...Thank God! Now my TMS is wanting to move around and is in my foot and sometimes hip and back..This is a good sign..THe TMS gremlin is working overtime in me, just like he/she is in you as well..You will get through this!
~Karen
art Posted - 08/03/2006 : 20:34:06
Have you ever been on anti-depressants? I've read they can cause very weird symptoms along these lines..

It helps that you had this once before and it went away. I'm sure it will again.
wrldtrv Posted - 08/03/2006 : 20:17:44
Hi Kether,

I know how scary the neuro stuff can be. But, like the others, I doubt those symptoms are anything to worry about. Here's why: (You can read some of my posts from last Oct-Feb for the details if you like) At two different times four yrs apart, and lasting several months each time, I had a lot of truly bewildering and scary neuro symptoms, like sensations of leg weakness, shakiness, jitters, tingling...Both times I was so freaked about it that I went to the neurologist for the full treatment--brain MRI's, EMG's, blood tests, and all the rest. Both times I was absolutely clean. And here's the crucial part: Both times I had been UNDER EXTRAORDINARY STRESS before it started. I strongly feel I would have escaped these two episodes under different circumstances.

Your history of previous symptoms, so many different symptoms of every kind, espec anxiety and depression, tell me that you may be, like me, extremely sensitive, attuned to the slightest changes in your body. I know my imagination can run wild. I know for a fact that my brain can create physical symptoms of every kind. I'd go with the TMS theory. Anyway, what's to lose?
bigbadpete Posted - 08/03/2006 : 20:02:44
Kether, I believe I can relate. I have yet to post my entire saga here, but to make a long story short, I've managed to completely banish one set of TMS symptoms (pain along the insides of my arms), but now I'm working on ridding myself of tingling in my legs and feet. I'm also feeling something like the buzzing you described; it's only in one part of my left thigh, and it feels like a tight rubber band that gets plucked. I don't think I feel anything actually physically moving, though, it's not like a muscle twitch. Only lasts a second, but it's quite weird.

Do hang in there. I was a skeptic at first, but once Sarno's suggestions started to work for me, the reality was undeniable.
allen_non Posted - 08/03/2006 : 18:41:55
Hi Kether,
Welcome to the forum. From what you describe, it really sounds like you are getting a handle on your TMS. The TMS doesn't like it, and is fighting "tooth and nail" for control. The fact that you are aware that your symptoms are from TMS is 90% of the battle. It's also a good sign that you had this years ago, the doc said it "was nothing" and it eventually went away. You also mention that you are "recycling" som of your old pain symptoms from the past.

A lot of posts you'll see here are from people struggling to get past the "physical" causes for their symptoms. You're already past that! Keep working the TMS, deny it any ground you can, punish it, tell it you know what it's up to and that you won't take it any more.

I don't have Divided Mind (Sarno's latest book) but I have "Mind-Body Connection" and Fred Amir's "Rapid Recovery ..." book. Both were VERY helpful to me, and I went from severe low back & hip pain to nealy pain free in a couple of months. (I haven't even finished Fred Amir's book yet!) I do some VERY rigorous workouts with heavy weights, moving my back in all the ways "you're not supposed to" and I'm fine, even getting stonger.

Hang in there, do your TMS "work", fight dirty if you have to, and take heart- You sound like you're on the right path. This forum is a GREAT group of folks. They've been a tremendous help to me.

Take care,

Allen
Wrow99 Posted - 08/03/2006 : 18:22:42
Hi Kether,

I've been pain free from TMS for a couple of months now. When my pain started to subside, I had similar sensations (buzzing and weird/random muscle movements) that lasted for a few weeks. Like you it scared the heck out of me at first. It seems like our brains do really bizarre things and shift symptoms when we figure out what TMS is all about. Your doctor is right, ignore it. It's harmless and it will go away in time.

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000