TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
 All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Chinese QiChong

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pendoreille Posted - 07/26/2006 : 15:43:59
I have a question I have question about Chinese stuff. I've started qichong, which supposedly works at healing both the mind and body. Has any one else used it?

I think as part of my healing I need to find a way to become more mindful (slow down my busy brain), but with the increase in my pains I'm wondering if it's stopping my TMS efforts or hopefully it's helping me get there and the long run it will make me healthier on all fronts. I know I need help with the emotional stuff. One of qichong tenets is that you have to go back through all your pain. I've had bad luck with drugs, so I'm willing to try somemore alternative methods for the mind and body to help me work through the emotional stuff.

I'm very tied of it all the moment, as I'm sure many of you can relate. I just didn't need the new upper back/neck pain.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sonora sky Posted - 07/28/2006 : 08:58:10
I think becoming mindful (more aware, perceptive, 'quiet') is a good way of getting in touch with all the things inside that we supress or repress. As long as you're looking at the practice of Chigong as a mental/spiritual tool rather than an activity that might help alieviate your physical symptoms, it should be beneficial. I just came across a book called _Chi Walking: The Five Mindful Steps for Lifelong Health and Energy_ by Danny Dreyer. I think the gist is that he applies the same principles of chi (energy, right?) to the activity of walking. This might be good for TMSers who are want to get back into normal physical activities slowly (and mindfully!).

BTW, does anyone know how Chigong is different from/similiar to T'ai Chi? I remember doing a Chigong workshop in Japan some years ago, but my recollection of it is fuzzy...
Singer_Artist Posted - 07/26/2006 : 16:32:25
I feel for you with the new pains appearing as I am going through the exact same thing right now...I have new pain in my left low back and mid low back too now...I wrote another post about an incident that happened over a week ago wherein I seemed to irritate my left leg, hip..but it got better...Now suddenly from sleeping on my left side (or so it appears) it is back again and was driving me nuts during my walk today...My neck is my usual and primary area of TMS trouble..so it's moving around...They say that moving around is a good sign...It means that the TMS gremlin inside is trying other areas of your body in a last ditch attempt to keep you distracted from emotional issues...I tried Qigong years ago and liked it...Don't know what the experienced TMSers think about it though...Hope you feel better..
~Karen

TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000